Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Binging on BBQ page 2

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can get a pound of pulled pork and have trouble even finishing that. Hell even my husband who is a big eater can't eat more than a pound.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HowToDieYoung View Post
    I only eat the meat, maybe some vinegar based bbq sauce. I skip the sides. Waste of money and stomach space.
    Amen

I just like the smokieness of the meat. No need for sauce. Maybe I should just invest in a smoker and make my own.
    Georgette

highaerials36 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure there is a good Primal BBQ sauce here on the forums.

Ha! I am not the only one who eats a lot of meat in one sitting. Beef for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by highaerials36 View Post
    I'm sure there is a good Primal BBQ sauce here on the forums.

Ha! I am not the only one who eats a lot of meat in one sitting. Beef for the win.
    After growing up with the bbq sauce my mom made, I won't touch any but hers. I need to find a way to primalize it.

I scare my husband with the amount of meat I eat. It does literally scare him.
    Georgette

Eatmydust is offline Senior Member
    The only thing to worry about is soduim/sugar content, ask the restarant you eat at they sould be able to tell you rub ingred. list...
    One reason to smoke your own meat you no what the rub is made of...

Quote Originally Posted by Eatmydust View Post
    The only thing to worry about is soduim/sugar content, ask the restarant you eat at they sould be able to tell you rub ingred. list...
    One reason to smoke your own meat you no what the rub is made of...
    The place we go to uses no rubs. Just lets the meat shine through.
    Georgette

Eatmydust is offline Senior Member
    Thats good, wish we had a place like that. We only have one BBQ place and they smoother it in salt and sugar before the sauce
    had to stop going there.. know we smoke on the BBQ much better taste anyway and cheaper..
    but TX does have some good BBQ had some last summer

RobbieC is offline Member
    Fellow Austinite here. And yes, we are the fortunate few who live amongst the greatest BBQ joints in the world (seriously folks...there is simply no match for Central Texas smoked meat markets).

I "binge" on smoked meats at least 2-3 times per week. Like you, I eschew the sides and stick to just the meat and a pile of raw white onion. IN fact, for lunch today, I stopped by Vic's BBQ (happens to be the closest Q joint to my office) and had a 1/2 lb moist brisket and two gi-normous beef ribs (and a bowl full of white onions). Yu-mmy.

I used to be able to knock down 1 lb of brisket, a half-rack of pork ribs, and half a hotty with no problem. But since going Paelo, my appetite is seriously reduced, and I find it hard to eat much more than a lb of meat at a sitting now.

Where's your favorite Q joint in Central Texas? My all time fav is still Smitty's Market in Lockhart (their pork ribs have no rival), with Southside Market in Elgin a close second (consistently outstanding brisket). I think Cooper's in Llano and Salt Lick are highly overrated.

Oh, and if you haven't tried Franklin's BBQ (was a a trailer, but moved into an actual store front on 11th St. last weekend), he's the real deal.
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

RobbieC is offline Member
    Also, the great thing about Central Texas meat markets --- no sauce (if your meat is good enough, no need to hide it with sauce). Seriously --- as in some joints don't even offer BBQ sauce (except for a cayenne pepper/vinegar hot sauce) and the rub is almost nothing more than salt and pepper.
    Last edited by RobbieC; 03-17-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: because you're and your are not the same thing
    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast