Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cream soups page

geostump is online now Senior Member

Cream soups

Shop Now
    I'm wanting some cream based soups. I am not necessarily the best at making soups. I want some ideas that are easy and creamy. Broth based soups don't do a lot to quench my appetite.
    Georgette

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    paleo mushroom soup
    The hardest part is the vegetable stock, but you could make your own stock

Also cream of mushroom soup
    You could use the basic cream mix and add whatever you wanted instead of mushrooms
    Calm the f**k down.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    huh..primal+cream of mushroom soup brought up this blog I wonder if he ever wanders over here?
    Recipe looks really good!
    Calm the f**k down.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Cauliflower, kale, sausage soup - Zuppa Toscana
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    There is a recipe on MDA for actic char, It uses a cream/chowder base. I made it for my GF and we absolutely loved it, but it was so expensive. But, we realized that the broth was so good and we said were going to make this again with scallops...or shrimp...or lobster....or chicken....or beef...or all those things. It seems like you could put anything in the soup and it'll be amazing.

Arctic Char Chowder | Mark's Daily Apple

belinda is offline Senior Member

Creamy Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Soup with Curry

Creamy Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup with Curry

I make a chicken stock from the carcass of a bbq chicken with some celery, onion, garlic, carrots, salt & pepper and enough water to cover the bones. Simmer for 1/2 an hour or so. Strain the stock and add a bit of water to make about 3 cups total. Rough chop 1/2 a cauliflower and a sweet potato. Simmer the cauli & sweet potato in the stock for 15 to 20 min. til soft. Let cool, then puree. Stir in milk or cream til it's the thickness you like your soup to be then add about 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder. Yummy and filling.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Thai curried butternut pumpkin soup (I think you guys call them acorn squash?).

Cut up pumpkin (peel if you like, I love the skin), roast in oven with lots of butter. Chop a large oven and some garlic cloves and saute in some more butter. When soft, add pumpkin to the pan, add a good dollop of Thia green curry paste and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and simmer for 1/2 hour or so. Add a can of coconut milk, bring to a simmer again and then use a stick blender to puree.

It is divine.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    I looove this recipe: Daniel Boulud's CAULIFLOWER AND APPLE SOUP . If you don't do apples, this looks like a tasty alternative: Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Tomato pepper soup
    serves 2 or more
    1 chopped tomato
    1 zucchini
    1/2 carrot
    spinach/ greens (optional)
    any other veggie that might be headed towards bad in the fridge (add another tomato for every cup of veggie)
    2 jalapenos
    1 serrano
    1/4onion
    1/2 head garlic
    leftover meat
    pepper (all spices to taste unless otherwise indicated)
    turmeric
    red pepper
    1 cardamom pod (optional)
    1 dash ciorander
    salt
    half stick butter or 3 strips bacon (or more, depending on amount of veggies)
    1 c chix/ beef/ veggie broth
    1 c heavy cream

If using bacon, cook until crispy and set bacon to one side. Sautee garlic; onion, and spices until fragrant in butter or bacon grease. Add veggies and sautee until hardest veggie is al dente (tomatoes and zuke will be falling apart by now.) Add liquids. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer until hardest veggie is soft. Apply stick blender or place in blender until desired consistency. Place back in pan (if using blender) and add partially nuked meat, continue to cook until meat is hot. Sprinkle chopped bacon over top of soup if used. Serve.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member
    Cream of Chicken soup from Nourished Kitchen

This makes a TON of soup, which is great because you can freeze it and thaw it out when you get a cold. It's wonderful for staying Primal when you're sick, which is a big issue for me--I have a daughter in day care so I get all the colds she brings home. This stuff is on par with matzo ball soup as far as curative agents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast