Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Gain Fat page

Violet is offline Junior Member

How to Gain Fat

Primal Fuel
    I'm underweight (BMI 16.0) and almost certainly have a sub-optimal body fat %, but all the information I can find here on gaining weight is about gaining muscle rather than fat. Is it okay to get a caloric surplus through carbs (starch?) if the purpose is to gain fat, or should caloric surplus always be sourced from dietary fat to avoid insulin spikes, etc?

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Read this book and do the opposite:

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    When you gain muscle you gain fat with it. Lift heavy, eat extra calories, especially as fats, have extra fruit/sweet potatoes, and especially things like cream and cheese if you can handle dairy.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yes eat some carbs, fats, and proteins in a mixed meal as much as you want. Just make sure you make it all healthy, nutritious food. You may be deficient in certain nutrients like zinc and potassium, so just make sure to cover the nutrition well.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

michelg is offline Junior Member
    Try eating smaller meals in a shorter duration of time than going in for 3 large meals , this will enable you to eat more as well . You need to eat fish ,chicken and other meat products . Add more fruits and vegetables into your diet and eat at least 2-3 egg's everyday . I will try to give you a detailed diet ( i used to be underweight badly a year and a half ago )

bobyswan is offline Junior Member
    Here are few step to Gain Fat

1. Skip Breakfast
    2. Stay up All Night
    3. Eat Plenty of Refined Carbohydrates
    4. Eat fast food more often
    5. Increase your meal portions

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to do carbs to gain fat. I had great success putting some fat on by eating hard cheese with every meal (and I maintained a low carb count doing it, too). After about 4 weeks i definitely had some female wobbly bits back on my body. I don't know if this is superior to upping carbs (since presumably the dairy works because of its insulin response) but its how I chose to do it, wanting to avoid dietary carbs. Just don't go to grains. Avoid.

Nuts would also be great since lots of calories get packed into those little things.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and don't "fast." So more frequent meals; eat three meals a day; snack: keep those fat cells closed.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    When I first glanced at this thread I thought maybe Screaming_Violence (y'all know who I mean) was back for another round.

Someone on here that you might want to look for help on here is MalPaz. She's done a great job of gaining the weight that she wanted to and could probably steer you in the right direction.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    HELLO! haha, yes i stuck to primal for weight gain. i used excess protein and fat, a LOT of dairy and eggs. simply more food= more weight. i wasnt keen on starch or fruit and i put on muscle and fat just fine

if i did it again, i would prolly go the same route maybe heal my digestive track a bit more before starting my gorging

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast