Thread: New to the boards, not new to Primal! page

athenalove46 is offline Junior Member

Wink New to the boards, not new to Primal!

Shop Now
    Hey all! I guess it's about time I started posting! lol I have been eating Primal since the September challenge. It has been a very bumpy road, but I'm here to stay!

A bit of background, I gave up the SAD diet when I was pregnant with my 3rd child in 2009 (coincidentally when we PCSed from Alaska to Florida searching for raw milk sources). I immediately noticed less weight gain and energy galore! I got into the whole soaking grains and whole grains bit. I started feeling sick after I had my son and a few months later found this blog. I was skeptical at first, thinking there is NO way I could ever go without bread! Really? lol And as I have said, the past 6-7 months have been hard but I FINALLY kicked the carb to the curb (and sugar to boot).

Unfortunately, my husband is so not on board with this (he thinks I'm literally insane). If it weren't for me banning margarine in the house he would still be eating it. :/ I'm really bummed, but hey, maybe someday he will wake up and notice what he is eating is really affecting his health (he has a lot of joint, bowel, and mood issues that I absolutely believe that his diet plays a big role in that). So, it is very, very hard when my hubby sits down with a big bowl of pasta or a nice hunk of italian bread. Ha! He is very physically fit (I would hope so being in the military), but he does have some food allergies that he is ignoring (I know I'm no doctor, but after doing tons of research and talking with people every day he fits the bill for some of them).

I can't wait to get more involved in the boards with some people who don't think I'm crazy.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Liz. Hang in there and grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.