Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont think its about insulin, but... page

milkycereal is offline Senior Member

I dont think its about insulin, but...

Primal Fuel
    I dont't thing its all about insulin, and i dont think PB should be viewed as a lowcarb diet.

Protien spikes insulin anyway, so unless your eating sticks of butter ur gonna be pumpin out insulin every meal anyway. But the reason why LC works for so many of us is because it removes those blood sugar highs and lows. Fat is also very satisfying.

So you eat less, which leads to a calorie defecit. And PBers do it the best because, well me for example i need 120gs of protien a day. So i figure tht out first (20oz ground turkey -800 cals.) tht leaves me with 1000 cals left, and even if i wanted to blow all those on carbs, i can have like 6-7 sweet potatoes, or like 12 bags of green beans or god knows how much brocolli

And 12 bags of sweet potatoes is i think aound 96carbs anyway...

So guyz, we got this shit. There isnt a healthier way to eat. Weather us eating 400 carbs or 40 carbs, ur eating healthy and if ur satisfied and in a calorie defi it ( dont habe to be extreme, 300-500cals a day) and us gonna lose weight.

And i typed all this out on an iphone so sorry about typos, but mirite or mirite? I say increSe ur carbs as much as you want ( but then, u know, decrease the fat a little too. Its all got to even out.)

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    Damn alot of errors, sorry guys i cant edit my posts on this stupid thing

apple is offline Senior Member
    Or you could blow it on that stick of butter. mmmmmm....

And 12 bags of sweet potatoes? 12 oz maybe. I think your phone autocorrected something into "bags."
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I'm having a little trouble reading all that. What's your point?

softthings is offline Member
    pootietang? that you?

apple is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by softthings View Post
    pootietang? That you?
    lol
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Take a 500 pound dude who keeps eating and eating and can't stop. Surely a lot of it is carbs but he will also be taking in a lot of satiating fat too, but he is still hungry. Why? Leptin of course. His brain can't see leptin and other satiety hormones. What I think low carb does is it reduces serum triglycerides in the insulin resistant and then less triglycerides damage the leptin receptors, so people burn more and eat less.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I think you've got it wrong. Insulin isn't a problem. Insulin resistance, and chronically increased insulin is. That comes about from a constant high carb diet.

Paleo works for several reason, carb 'restriction' to normal, anthropologically historic levels is just one of them.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    I think you are wrong about a very important point with Insulin: every body reacts differently to carbohydrates. There is no "one way works for everyone." Similarily, one person may be ketogenic on 100 grams of carbs a day and someone else may need to cut it to 20 grams a day to achieve the same effect (i.e. ketosis). And, yes, protein may spike insulin but a normal person is not going to store protein as fat, assuming they are not overeating such that there is a surplus of calories. If you are eating VLC it is extremely hard to overeat that much...especially when your body isnt getting the hunger symptoms every 2-3 hours that it used to get when eating a CW diet. That is a huge advantage for a ketogenic diet.

So, following a ketogenic diet is beneficial as a guideline for most of the people on these message boards.Eating ketogenic provides the best chance for everyone's body to regulate their normal hormonal pathways while simultaneously fulfilling all of our nutritional requirements AND as well as allowing weight loss. Is there another lifestyle that can do this effectively? No, there isnt. Not a one. VLC is a very good way to go for most people on here.
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Take a 500 pound dude who keeps eating and eating and can't stop. Surely a lot of it is carbs but he will also be taking in a lot of satiating fat too, but he is still hungry. Why? Leptin of course. His brain can't see leptin and other satiety hormones. What I think low carb does is it reduces serum triglycerides in the insulin resistant and then less triglycerides damage the leptin receptors, so people burn more and eat less.
    Definately agree!

It would be just lovely to eat to fullness, but what if you never feel full or satiated? That is the current situation I am in. I was eating more fats and have just increased my proteins to help feel fuller, but I understand that this will take time and that Rome wasn't built in a day. At this point in time whilst I am still damaged on the inside from eating CW, I could eat over 3000 calories a day on PB and still be hungry because of leptin sensitivity. There is no doubt in my mind that when this issue finally sorts itself out, I will be on the path to better health
    Last edited by TARNIP; 03-16-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast