Page 1 of 193 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page

Patrick is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth)

Shop Now
    (May 6, 2011 hilarity courtesy of Jenny. The origin of the below image can be found on pages 92 and 93.)

I'm way late to the game... by seven months... so I'm not doing a normal Primal journal in terms of food tracking. Fuck that. Rather, I'm just going to journal general health improvements, setbacks, SimpleFit "yay!" moments, thoughts of interest relevant to being Primal, whatever.

So yeah, let's do dis. Stardate... ummm... today:

- finally felt like I'm hitting a good stride with SimpleFit at Level 4. At 10 weeks into SimpleFit but my first week of Level 4, Level 4 is really doing it for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what Friday's judgement day brings. I'm thinking 6:15, but I've still got this damn chest cough thing that I only notice after waking up from sleeping.

- ribs are awesome, but I might want to use a new rub and sauce, as both contain a bit of dark brown sugar. Then again, I have ribs once every 4 to 7 weeks, so up yers, sugars. Nom nom nom! So damn addictive.

- Sweet potatoes on workout days -------

(just got interrupted to be asked by phone if I'd be voting for Harper. My response was "HAHAHAHA! Seriously? NOOOoooo... oooo..." "What's that, sir?" "Sorry, let me rephrase that: Fuck no." "...Thank you for your time, sir." "Super duper!" Stupid elections.)

- So yeah, sweet potatoes. Awesome on workout days, which are M/W/F. Love 'em. Boil them and then dump them in with chard, bacon strips, onion and mushrooms/peppers and holy fuck... it's awesome. Add 200-350g of meat. YAY! I've also stopped having a hate-on for ground beef. I basically use the double-pork stuffed chicken ground pork portion of the recipe, but with beef. It's great for workout days, because you can portion ground anything so goddamn well and it's as lean as you want it to be! All my packets of it are in like 600g packs, so it makes for about 3 servings.

- Adding that ground beef to a naked, organic field greens salad with chipotle salsa = love. The end. Simple, awesome, 30 seconds.

The other day, I got a voucher for $175 worth of grassfed anything for $55. It was for my favourite butcher shop, Aubrey's -- all grassfed local stuff and damn proud of it. I walked in and said, "Simon, this coupon's legit, right?" "Yup, it's been really popular-----" He was interrupted by my seizure of joy in the middle of the floor. I might have wet my pants with happiness, but since it's a concrete floor, he didn't call me on it. So since I already go in on cow-pooling for maximum beef'ness, I focused on pork and some chicken. I spent $96 worth (two fabric grocery bags full), and I've still got $74 free left to go! I now understand the saying "kid in a candy shop." (Though who the fuck likes candy? I never have. "Patrick in a butcher shop" is the new saying. Spread it around. It's totally two streets ahead.)

- Can't stop thinking about the Spartan Race coming to Ottawa July 3. It's going to rock. I can't get any of my sissy friends to join in, so I'll have to hope for some people from Kingston and maybe Tim Bell knows folks down there. Sad that I can't get Ottawa to fucking represent. It's 3 miles (5 km)! Christ. Damn whiny bitches in the National Capital Region, I tell ya. So here's hoping that Kingston can bring on the pain.

- Finally feeling more comfortable with my new Vibram KSOs. It seems to take me 5-10 min to forget I'm wearing them. The funny thing is that I consider that a pain. Ridiculous. Compare that to wearing any other kind of footwear and it's the fucking Second Coming of Footwear, starring Jesus FiveFingers.

That's it for now.

---------------------------------
    EDIT:
    Progress pics for March 30, 2011

Progress pics for May 6, 2011
    Last edited by Patrick; 05-26-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    You aren't so filthy-mouthed. Or are you just warming up? Nice to see you with the rest of us journalers!

I'm trying to be moderate. Thanks for the welcome!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Anytime, you bring lots of good insight.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Love it, Patrick. Those sissy Ottawa-ans.

Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Love it, Patrick. Those sissy Ottawa-ans.
    Seriously. It's atrocious. And here we supposedly have the world's biggest city for Ultimate, but no one can pull their panties up long enough to do a once-a-year endurance/strength event? Makes me sad, Mouse.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm way late to the game... by seven months... so I'm not doing a normal Primal journal in terms of food tracking. Fuck that. Rather, I'm just going to journal general health improvements, setbacks, SimpleFit "yay!" moments, thoughts of interest relevant to being Primal, whatever.

So yeah, let's do dis.
    *thumbs up* awesome. love it... i appreciate the notation on "general health improvements"!

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    *thumbs up* awesome. love it... i appreciate the notation on "general health improvements"!
    Heh Heya, Coconut Girl! Well, I think my sig says it all in terms of general health improvements, at least from a metrics standpoint (which I suppose really doesn't say shit, or shouldn't). Sadly, though, it seems like the last few % of body fat are holding in all the glory-that-could-be. Isn't that always the way?

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I like the idea of an unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal. And it's really not that filthy yet.

I can relate to the "Patrick in a butcher shop" image...

Sucks that you have to rely on exports to make a team for the race...is Ottawa that bad? It's probably the next place we'll move to, in a couple of years.

Looking forward to reading more.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Lame confession time. I can't be bothered to exercise, myself. And then I complain about my belly that "won't go away". All the rest melted away by changing my eating habits, however, I'm cheating too much. I can't keep myself away from the hot chocolate machine at work. Boooo.

Page 1 of 193 1231151101 ... LastLast