Page 87 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 87

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Politics is a crazy thing anymore. Here in Ohio, we're trying to find a way to do a recall for the election of our current governor who was voted in last November. I didn't vote for me but he's really putting a stink on the place.
    I know Texas has a law/ whatever in place where, if you don't like the current asshole in charge (Senator, Representative, Governor, elected official), you can get a referendum on him by starting a petition and getting enough eligible signatures (eligible being legal voters.) Once you have that petition (worded correctly) and signatures, and you route it through the proper channels in Austin, they put it out as a referendum vote for the people of the afflicted area to decide once again whether or not enough of' em like the asshole. You might check and see if Ohio has anything similar.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    So, is that good/bad or whatever?
    It's bad. Very bad. Harper only had a minority before, which meant he could be voted down in Parliament by the Liberals + NDP + the Bloc voting together. Now the Bloc Quebecois is toast -- dead, defunct, killed overnight (yay!) -- but Harper has a majority government. He can pass anything he wants in Parliament, even if every other member of Parliament votes against him. The Senate is also Conservative-heavy, which means he can pretty much do anything, legislation-wise. The NDP is pretty far left, and they're the Official Opposition. Their job is to demand accountability and challenge everything the government does. Well... it's been a long time since the NDP has had any real power in Parliament. I shudder to think how effective they'll be.

On another note...politically speaking....did you hear we got Osama Bin Laden? I heard his last moments consisted of him using a nearby woman as a human shield! How appropriate. In the end, he "reaped what he had sown" nearly 10 years ago.

Good riddance. The world is now a better place...
    Good riddance for sure, however. . . .

The Devil likely died happy - World - CBC News
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

So, is that good/bad or whatever?
    It's bad. Very bad. Harper only had a minority before, which meant he could be voted down in Parliament by the Liberals + NDP + the Bloc voting together. Now the Bloc Quebecois is toast -- dead, defunct, killed overnight (yay!) -- but Harper has a majority government. He can pass anything he wants in Parliament, even if every other member of Parliament votes against him. The Senate is also Conservative-heavy, which means he can pretty much do anything, legislation-wise. The NDP is pretty far left, and they're the Official Opposition. Their job is to demand accountability and challenge everything the government does. Well... it's been a long time since the NDP has had any real power in Parliament. I shudder to think how effective they'll be.

On another note...politically speaking....did you hear we got Osama Bin Laden? I heard his last moments consisted of him using a nearby woman as a human shield! How appropriate. In the end, he "reaped what he had sown" nearly 10 years ago.

Good riddance. The world is now a better place...

"Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I keep hearing "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and imagining that it was good ol' boy with a rifle and a fiddle that took him out. That's not true, obv, but still... what an image.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Naiad, I know here in Ohio, they are trying to add something like that to the state constituiton to be able to have a recall election. I'm so glad I didn't vote for the new asshole in charge.
    Georgette

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

As for the article you linked....nah, I dont support it or what was said in it about Bin Laden & what he did to America (i.e. making it a nastier, meaner, place). The viewpoint of the article is a skewed view of the events that have transpired over the past nearly 10 years. First and foremost, by attacking US Bin Laden committed an act of war and we were immediately then and thereafter at war until May 1st 2011 with him and any organizations supporting his actions. Of course we are going to be a meaner, nastier country toward you when you killed 3,000 of our unarmed, innocent civilians!!!!!

As for America itself, the article represent just one person's opinion. I have a different opinion. Much good has come out of the 9/11 events too. And as people we can choose to focus on negative or positive events OR we can be truly unbiased and report news without our personal beliefs skewing our reporting. I hear a lot every day about the "bad" news and events that transpire. And that is because IT SELLS. We hear much less about the good events that transpire...primarily because.... well, comparatively speaking its boring and doesnt sell.

So, when I read article as such...I remind myself it is just one person's opinion and his/her view has been different than mine. And then I forget about it...
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Hahaha!

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hahaha!

Thats hilarious! ++11111!!!
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    HAHA...Now I really have to go to Canada. It's like I've always said, if we weren't supposed to eat cows they wouldn't be made out of steak.

Awww... this is disappointing. It's not in Saskatoon at all. The restaurant is in South Carolina! Check it out:

Saskatoon