Page 53 of 193 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 53

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yeah, Algonquin has lots of rental options. There're places like Canoe Algonquin and Algonquin Outbound. It's a pretty big seasonal industry for that area of Ontario. The park itself might do rentals, but it's unlikely. It'd be a hassle for them, since their main interests are conservation and protection.
    Excellent, thanks

Anyway. Despite my inability to be as active as I'd love to be, I'm still leaning out a bit, which feels kinda weird.
    I have heard about this before with another guy who used to journal here (Bane). He was quite chubby to start with, went primal, worked out like a fiend, got almost to goal and then went on a break from working out. Bang! The last of his bodyfat disappeared. I can't remember anyone coming up with an explanation for why, but it seems, it's not a freak occurance.

Oh, and I need to retire this belt in the near future, after I put one more necessary hole in it. Then it goes on the fucking wall as Primal Trophy #1.
    I <3 this.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I have heard about this before with another guy who used to journal here (Bane). He was quite chubby to start with, went primal, worked out like a fiend, got almost to goal and then went on a break from working out. Bang! The last of his bodyfat disappeared. I can't remember anyone coming up with an explanation for why, but it seems, it's not a freak occurance.
    Crazy! Well, I guess I'll see what happens. I certainly have no idea as to why that might be, but I seem to be experiencing it! Thanks for the heads up, Em! Regardless, updated progress pics will be taken on May 6, so I guess I'll see where I'm at.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Don't you know that your journal is the virtual office watercooler 'round these parts?

Glad to know that you've still got the primal magic going on, pulled muscle notwithstanding...
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    That's outstanding on your progress! Sometimes 1 week of just resting does more good than busting your ass for 2. Hope the muscle pain is nothing serious. if it were a tear you would probably feel and see the muscle out of place. Rest and rehab are your only options at this point. And hey, that is enough of the being derailed bullshit talk. There's is more to this way of life than the workouts, which is the only thing you've had to put a hold on. Besides, I recall seeing pictures of you getting backhanded for that kind of talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    Glad to know that you've still got the primal magic going on, pulled muscle notwithstanding...
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Sometimes 1 week of just resting does more good than busting your ass for 2. [...] And hey, that is enough of the being derailed bullshit talk. There's is more to this way of life than the workouts, which is the only thing you've had to put a hold on.
    I know there is, man, but I had such awesome momentum happening with SimpleFit, and I wanted to give the Spartacus workout thinger a shot to see how my small modifications to it worked out.

The real thing that's bothering me is that I just decided to stick with the 10k and really commit to it. Yet it fucking hurts when I bend over, as if the weight against my ribcage is aggravating things. So fucking pissed. If it hurts with such simple movements, how the flying fuck am I supposed to jog even 500m, never mind 10k? There's no fucking way, and that has nothing to do with attitude. That's just accepting these shitty fucking circumstances, circumstances I do not want to accept.

That's what's pissing me off. I can go without the workouts for a while -- I can accept that necessity. What I can't accept is being forced out of something that other people have put money into. Yes, money going to kids has fuck-all to do with whether I participate in this race, but dammit... I do not want to have to drop out of this. Makes me so frustrated I want to punch something.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure all that matters is that you finish the race whether you walk or run or jog ..

I love the belt Primal trophey!! Thats awesome! Makes me want to keep my old sized 18 pants as a trophey.. LOL Nahhhhh
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't keep articles of clothing as trophies. I did, however, keep all my notes and textbooks from college as trophies. I fought for my degree and those books are my proof, not that magic slip of paper.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Wow, loads of posts to catch up on! Patrick, I hope your injury starts to resolve soon - it sounds like an area that will keep on naturally reopening, so healing will take longer. Kind of hard to isolate and immobilise a muscle in your chest.

Frankly, all the places that have been suggested to go sound fantastic and kind of surreal. Canada is one of the places we've always wanted to go, though. 2 years is not only enough time to save up, it's also the timeframe I'm working on to get lean and fit. As of today I'm just over 5kg down, with 30 to go (holy crap). I haven't even started the workouts yet, lol.

As for feeling old - by then my youngest will have left home and we'll be FREEEEEEEE!! Love the no-under-19s rule.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya, dude. I understand your frustration. It may not be what you want, but drop down to the 5k and then run, walk, jog, or whatevers comfortable. It is admirable that you want to finish what you started(after all you're doin' it for the shorties). You do what you can and you keep your head up. Hell, see how you feel in a week...you never know. Maybe the doc will have good news for you. The power of positive thinking, right.

Thanks, Jac! I really hope so, too!!

Sorry if my last post came across as angry or frustrated at you, skink. That's not at all the case! I'm just annoyed at this whole situation and the idea that I might not be able to do this race, after friends and family have tossed money towards it. Like you said: I just gotta see what happens on Monday at the doctor's and see where I can go from there. Appreciate the support, you guys! It means a lot.

In th meantime, I'll just keep doing my best!

Since this song makes me feel more calm and just plain ol' better, I thought I'd share. (Robert Plant's gunna be at the Ottawa Bluesfest, too! Hmmm...)