Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1929

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 51

  1. #501
    nachobrawler's Avatar
    nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    863
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Vermont, Maine would be nice, I can't believe I'm going to say this but E-Gads, the upper peninsula of Michigan. Ok I need to wash my mouth out with soap.
    Yes..go wash your mouth out now, Geo!

    Actually, I've been to the upper peninsula (I ski'd at Iron Mountain when I was 14). Its not bad. But I was thinking some where out more west might be fun. If we are going to stay Stateside, which I would rather not, then I would recommend Minnesota. Have y'all ever been there? Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes, is a blast in the summer time. We used to go there every summer when I was a child. Much outdoor fun can be had there.

    But personally, I would love to experience Canada. Never been there and as I said in a previous post....its high on the list of places to see for me.
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

  2. #502
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,910
    I know it's a REAL stretch for everyone else, but Big Bend State Park is gorgeous. Not for June, though, most everyone would bitch about the heat. Can't believe I'm about to reccomend this, but Pedernales State Park is gorgeous. Waterfalls, hiking trails, lots of camping (IIRC.) Kinda floodprone, though, so prob a bad choice for June.
    Ahhhh... Here we go. Reasonably Centrally located in the US, fairly temperate, built around a wild riverway. Ozark National Secic Riverway, in SE Missouri. The climate should be tolerable to all, rain shouldn't affect it TOO badly, and it should be able to handle an influx of Primal folk. If they want to hunt or fish, they'll hafta get a MO hunting/ fishing license. Dunno if you can get a temporary/ visitor's version or not, I kinda doubt it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  3. #503
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,839
    I did wash it out and I'm still blowing bubbles! Just wait until I start using the scarlet and grey font!

    I've never been west before. The SE US is really hot in the summer and way congested. I think Canada would be awesomeness and I would be willing be to get a passport to go but I can see where that can be a haul for a lot. I'm only 4 hours from the border so that isn't bad.
    Georgette

  4. #504
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,839
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I know it's a REAL stretch for everyone else, but Big Bend State Park is gorgeous. Not for June, though, most everyone would bitch about the heat. Can't believe I'm about to reccomend this, but Pedernales State Park is gorgeous. Waterfalls, hiking trails, lots of camping (IIRC.) Kinda floodprone, though, so prob a bad choice for June.
    Ahhhh... Here we go. Reasonably Centrally located in the US, fairly temperate, built around a wild riverway. Ozark National Secic Riverway, in SE Missouri. The climate should be tolerable to all, rain shouldn't affect it TOO badly, and it should be able to handle an influx of Primal folk. If they want to hunt or fish, they'll hafta get a MO hunting/ fishing license. Dunno if you can get a temporary/ visitor's version or not, I kinda doubt it.
    The Ozarks would be gorgeous. I think states do offer temp hunting/fishing licenses. I know that do that offroading in parks.
    Georgette

  5. #505
    nachobrawler's Avatar
    nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I know it's a REAL stretch for everyone else, but Big Bend State Park is gorgeous. Not for June, though, most everyone would bitch about the heat. Can't believe I'm about to reccomend this, but Pedernales State Park is gorgeous. Waterfalls, hiking trails, lots of camping (IIRC.) Kinda floodprone, though, so prob a bad choice for June.
    Ahhhh... Here we go. Reasonably Centrally located in the US, fairly temperate, built around a wild riverway. Ozark National Secic Riverway, in SE Missouri. The climate should be tolerable to all, rain shouldn't affect it TOO badly, and it should be able to handle an influx of Primal folk. If they want to hunt or fish, they'll hafta get a MO hunting/ fishing license. Dunno if you can get a temporary/ visitor's version or not, I kinda doubt it.
    I know, right? I get so tired of hearing people bitch about the heat down here. I am not a native North Carolinian, my wife is and 3 out of 4 of our children are, but I am not. So, I have some perspective on the temperature here. Anytime I hear someone complain about how hot it is here during the summer (last year we set a record for days over 100F) I tell them they need to go do a "tour of duty" in Chicago during the winter! One winter in Chicago will cure them of bitching about the heat. I've been away from there for the last 14 years of my life ....and I still shiver thinking about the winters!!!!


    As for your suggestions.....where is Big Bend State Park or Pedernales State park? In Texas? Texas might be fun. I just got back from Mexico (down near Cancun) on Tuesday. I imagine Texas looks a lot like Mexico-wildlife & nature wise- right? I have been to Dallas one time in my life. But that was when I was 2....(so its time to go back).
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

  6. #506
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,910
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    I know, right? I get so tired of hearing people bitch about the heat down here. I am not a native North Carolinian, my wife is and 3 out of 4 of our children are, but I am not. So, I have some perspective on the temperature here. Anytime I hear someone complain about how hot it is here during the summer (last year we set a record for days over 100F) I tell them they need to go do a "tour of duty" in Chicago during the winter! One winter in Chicago will cure them of bitching about the heat. I've been away from there for the last 14 years of my life ....and I still shiver thinking about the winters!!!!


    As for your suggestions.....where is Big Bend State Park or Pedernales State park? In Texas? Texas might be fun. I just got back from Mexico (down near Cancun) on Tuesday. I imagine Texas looks a lot like Mexico-wildlife & nature wise- right? I have been to Dallas one time in my life. But that was when I was 2....(so its time to go back).
    Err... no. Texas has at least 3 very distinct ecosystem areas, most people say there's 6- Caprock, Hill Country, Rolling/ Black Plains, Piney Woods, Big Bend, and Gulf Coast. Pedernales is in East Texas in the Piney Woods, Big Bend is down arond the Rio Grande, closer to El Paso. Big Bend is approximately where the Caprock desert meets the mountains and gets hot even for a native Texan raised in Dallas (highs regularly around 120*F starting in June.) Pedernales would be okay for most folks, but I'm also thinking of Yankees and Canadians from places where 80* F is considered a heat wave.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  7. #507
    nachobrawler's Avatar
    nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Err... no. Texas has at least 3 very distinct ecosystem areas, most people say there's 6- Caprock, Hill Country, Rolling/ Black Plains, Piney Woods, Big Bend, and Gulf Coast. Pedernales is in East Texas in the Piney Woods, Big Bend is down arond the Rio Grande, closer to El Paso. Big Bend is approximately where the Caprock desert meets the mountains and gets hot even for a native Texan raised in Dallas (highs regularly around 120*F starting in June.) Pedernales would be okay for most folks, but I'm also thinking of Yankees and Canadians from places where 80* F is considered a heat wave.

    Either way...I think Texas would be a blast. But I'm pretty easy to please. You are right....some would say its too hot. Whatever. I am flexible. Canada, Texas, Mexico.....hell, even North Carolina would be fun. But Im done hosting for a while. We just hosted a party for my 3 year old's birthday. It was a blast. I got to grill for all...and eat....multiple pounds of meat!!! What could be better??? But I want to go somewhere else and let someone else host this time. Patrick???
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

  8. #508
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,910
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Either way...I think Texas would be a blast. But I'm pretty easy to please. You are right....some would say its too hot. Whatever. I am flexible. Canada, Texas, Mexico.....hell, even North Carolina would be fun. But Im done hosting for a while. We just hosted a party for my 3 year old's birthday. It was a blast. I got to grill for all...and eat....multiple pounds of meat!!! What could be better??? But I want to go somewhere else and let someone else host this time. Patrick???
    I love your sig, by the way. My husband just presented me with my first firearm ever 2 days ago. Glock .40, model 22
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  9. #509
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,839
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I love your sig, by the way. My husband just presented me with my first firearm ever 2 days ago. Glock .40, model 22
    Awwww, he loves you.

    BTW, last summer we had several days of 100F heat just to let you know.
    Georgette

  10. #510
    elwyne's Avatar
    elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    487
    1 vote for canada. algonquin sounds completely awesome.
    +1 camping, hiking, canoeing, rock climbing (tho I have no skilz)
    anyone want to teach me to hunt/fish I'm up for that too.

    city girl here, but looooooooooooove the great outdoors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •