Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 2

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Heh Heya, Coconut Girl! Well, I think my sig says it all in terms of general health improvements, at least from a metrics standpoint (which I suppose really doesn't say shit, or shouldn't). Sadly, though, it seems like the last few % of body fat are holding in all the glory-that-could-be. Isn't that always the way?
    i know--i have a feeling my body will be eager to hold onto more than just a "last few %" of body fat... but i will overcome! *shakes fist in the air* i just started so i really should focus on simply kicking ass in general btw, INSANELY impressive accomplishments regarding your health and i agree--fuck the numbers! i am tracking progress and "focusing" on my food intake, etc because it's easier (and less stressful for me, personally) in terms of accomplishing my own health goals...

teelea is offline Senior Member
    me likey.

Prime is offline Senior Member
    I had a happy butcher-shop dance when I discovered that the prices of organic, grass-fed, certified humane meat from local farmers was CHEAPER than the meat at Whole Foods. They cut out the middle-man and corporate mark-ups... and I'm reaping all the benefits. Muahahah

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Thought of the morning: a diet should never restrict, it should enable. The Primal Blueprint and some LC/VLC diets do this through one very important thing: FAT! What other diets encourage consumption of eggs, bacon, butter, heavy cream, rendered fats, etc.? Hell, it's downright fucking empowering to eat fats. Whenever I think of Conventional Wisdom, I picture one of those bounce-back punching bags and it looks like the US Surgeon General, the so-called symbol of health wisdom in the US. Not sure what the Canadian equivalent is. A beaver, probably. Anyway, I just imagine myself gleefully kicking that bounce-back epitome of CW all over the room with every juicy, fatty, oh-so-delicious bite of bacon-wrapped hardboiled egg or rack of ribs with butter-slathered sautéed veggies.

...Shit. Now I'm hungry. Hmmm... ribs for breakfast? Unpossible! Inconceivable! ...but mebe...

But yeah, my point is that PB empowers and enables; other diets disable. So fuck them and the whores they rode in on. (See what I did there?)

Oh, I also found out you can post pictures in an album on here, so I've got a few older ones up. I'm not photogenic and my friends don't seem to take many pictures lately, so I'm stuck with some oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sucks that you have to rely on exports to make a team for the race...is Ottawa that bad? It's probably the next place we'll move to, in a couple of years.
    Nah, it's just that I can't get my friends into it. I don't do CrossFit here, either, so I can't tap that resource. I can tap the one in Kingston through my friends who are down there, and I'm sure Tim (TimBell on here) of Jungle-Fit knows folks.

I almost had one couple, but they decided it wasn't a great idea with their wedding being the next weekend. I totally get that. Also, I'm lettin' 'em off the hook because Jimmy finally asked to borrow my copy of the PB. Wooot! Nothing like being living proof that something works. It felt awesome to get that kind of indirect compliment. I figure it's tantamount to saying "Whatever you're doing is working. So stop hogging all the awesome, jerk!"

Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Lame confession time. I can't be bothered to exercise, myself. And then I complain about my belly that "won't go away". All the rest melted away by changing my eating habits, however, I'm cheating too much. I can't keep myself away from the hot chocolate machine at work. Boooo.
    That's awesome news, though, that you've done so well without the fitness side! To get around that, do little games to hide exercise. For instance, I Grok Crawl down my hallway every time. After a while, I started to do it up on my fingers and with slower, more exaggerated movements. It's awesome! Every time I pass my pull-up bar, I crank out a few and drop into a squat and stretch. Once I fix my sandbag, I'm gunna start lugging that around my apartment -- bear hug and alternating over shoulders. Keep it simple! Use the stairs at work if you have them. Hell, make excuses to use the stairs. Less intra-office calls: go pay 'em a visit!

My co-worker walks to work and back (12 km daily). She runs the May Marathon in Ottawa. No training other than her walking to and from work. It all adds up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    btw, INSANELY impressive accomplishments regarding your health and i agree--fuck the numbers! i am tracking progress and "focusing" on my food intake, etc because it's easier (and less stressful for me, personally) in terms of accomplishing my own health goals...
    Thanks! I've come a long way, and still have a ways to go. It's like Nietzsche said: "In the mountains of truth, you will never climb in vain: either you will get up higher today or you will exercise your strength so as to be able to get up higher tomorrow." Every step is one closer to my goals and one farther away from the blegh whatever-the-fuck-I-was last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by teelea View Post
    me likey.
    Welcome! Hope I can keep this journal interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I had a happy butcher-shop dance when I discovered that the prices of organic, grass-fed, certified humane meat from local farmers was CHEAPER than the meat at Whole Foods. They cut out the middle-man and corporate mark-ups... and I'm reaping all the benefits. Muahahah
    Exactly. To really reap the benefits, cow-pool! Also, check with your friends and see about joining a CSA or similar thing for vegetables to cut costs there. I pay $20 a week and get a massive grocery bag full of veggies -- all local, heirloom organic! Every week, the deliveries vary. Sometimes it's kale, other times chard. Maybe we'll get cauliflower or it'll be two heads of romaine lettuce instead. It's great! It forces you to learn how to do things with vegetables that mooks like me never came into contact with before. I mean seriously... what the fuckin' hell is chard or kale? Sounds like some kind of fish. I had no clue up until early January.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Random thought: We can't always get what we want, but we always have the power to make the best of what we have.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Random thought: We can't always get what we want, but we always have the power to make the best of what we have.
    love this. i've really been drawing a distinction between need and want the past couple of years, and it's really helped me find way better uses for what i currently own rather than going out and buying a bunch of new crap.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Almost like the Stones song. You can't always get what you but in time you get what you need. Such a true statement.

In regards to "foul" language, my 12 year old daughter and one of her friends had a conversation with me about this last night. I have a rule with my kids that they can swear all they want as long as it isn't directed at a single person. None of them really swear that much, I do enough for the whole family. My daughter's friend about had a heart attack when my daughter said the world lesbian and I didn't flinch. She told me that if she said lesbian in front of her parents it would start WWIII. I told her that I don't really care what she says but she needs to think before she says it and think why she says it. I guess for being from a small town, I'm fairly open minded when it comes to language. Makes me sad when others aren't the same.
    Georgette

I tend to use foul language as punctuation, or emotional inflection. Since English doesn't have linguistic emotional cues -- like Chinese does -- I add 'em.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I tend to use foul language as punctuation, or emotional inflection. Since English doesn't have linguistic emotional cues -- like Chinese does -- I add 'em.

I do the same, though truth be told I use a lot of punctuation. Great journal as I figured it would be.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Ah thanks, canio6! That's really nice of you to say!

Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast