Page 192 of 193 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193 LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1929

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 192

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Way back when, I posted a video of a ridiculously talented guitarist. He's got a new video out and it's insane. No surprise it's called The Impossible:

"Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Careful Patrick. This could happen to you. Always close the bathroom window, no matter how badly it needs aired out.

My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

That's every morning for me, but I'm smart enough not to leave my books out. That's just disrespectful.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

And... I've started blogging again. Guess we'll see how that goes.

A Year and a Day The Primal Mind

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I’m committed with a friend to participating in a Spartan Race trifecta this year. That means a Sprint (5k) in Ottawa on June 15 or 16, a Super Spartan (13k) in Montreal on June 30, and the Beast (20k) back in Ottawa on July 21.
    JESUS FUCKING ZOMBIE CHRIST!!!! THAT'S FUCKING INSANE!

Of course, I mean that in the good way. You'll be a fucking super hero once you're done.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I'm doing all three with friends. I don't care about competitive blah blah blah. I just want to have fun and help others have fun. My brother is coming up for the Sprint (EXCITED!) and he might bring friends.

The great thing about a Spartan Race is how much fun you can have with other people. Last summer, when I tried to be competitive and beat last year's time, which I did, I didn't have as much fun as I had doing the race side by side with my friend Dan, who got me into the Primal Blueprint. This year, I'm going full-on teamwork. So much fun, man.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    It's all about the fun. Why bother if you are not having a good time? Glad to see you around.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Long time since I've been on here. Sorry to say I don't track many people's journals anymore, as you guys are very prolific and I find myself behind by 20+ pages! I'll give a short update, though.

I did my third Spartan Sprint this past Saturday. The organizers said it was one of the -- if not the -- hardest course they'd ever made. They couldn't properly accommodate all the obstacles in 5k, partly due to how steep the slopes were, so they made it 7k. It was at a ski hill (Edelweiss), and we went up and down it (the entire hill, not portions of it) three times. Maybe it was four? Anyhoo.

My official time for that race was 1h33m48s. My time last year was 47m, and the year before 61m. This was still my best race, as I didn't stop at all. To give you some perspective on this, 2011's fastest male had a time of 32m; 2012's was 27m; this year's. . . . 49m. That's how fucking brutal this course was. Felt great to do it, but man. . . it was nuts.

z4zx.jpg
    (My buddy James and me at one of the last obstacles: monkey bars, rope, and rings.)

The next day -- Father's Day -- I ran a 5k with friends for a charity. Did it barefoot and had at least 1/3 of the participants asking me about it/commenting on it. The course was through wooded areas on farm roads, which is to say packed earth and gravel. It was also raining heavily. I loved it! My parents came out for that one, so I got to see my Dad on Father's Day.

I've been terrible, though, about my eating. That changes today. I signed up a few weeks ago for the Army Run half marathon, which will be on Sep 22. I want to train up to 25k with 10lb weighted vest, so I can cream the 22k on race day. Hopefully the weather will be nice, as the course looks awesome. Starting at the Ottawa Armoury, going past Parliament Hill, across the river, past some museums, back across the river; down Sussex Drive, past embassies, the PM's residence and the Governor General's residence; and finishing back downtown at or near the War Memorial. I'll be posting a fundraising thinger soon. All the money will go to the Military Families Fund and Soldier On, split 50/50. My goal is raise $750.

That's it from me for now! Hope you guys are all doing well!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Hey wild Man, good to see you!

I popped back in a few months ago after a year away. Doing nutritional ketosis and feeling fantastic.

Heya, Dragonfly! Long time no see for sure!

Glad to hear you're doing well! I'm doing relatively well -- pretty well for someone who's about 60/40 Primal/SAD, and still running and working out, anyway. Gotta get my shit in gear, though, over the next few months. I'm about done an insane period of work, so I will have some room to re-focus on health and such.