Page 189 of 193 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1929

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 189

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That's what she sa...okay, I've got nothing.
    Ha! I'd say that was somethin'. Made me laugh, anyway.

I wasn't aiming for headlessness, but I did want the focus on my hands and the mandolin. I actually took the videos more for me to examine how I was playing and what I needed to do differently vs to showcase any slowly-developing ability. I was pretty pleased with my play style/positioning, for the most part. Once I nail down After the Battle of Aughrim or Morrison's Jig, I'll do videos with the camera pulled back more and maybe from a higher angle.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Once I nail down After the Battle of Aughrim or Morrison's Jig, I'll do videos with the camera pulled back more and maybe from a higher angle.
    That's good man because I only come to this journal for the head. Wait, that came out wrong.

Either way, looking forward to more videos.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    The Headless mandoliner strikes again! Seriously though, people wouldn't believe this is something you've just recently picked up. So if head up to Canada will we be seeing you out on the street corner making money? I mean playing music of course, not what Canio was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That's good man because I only come to this journal for the head. Wait, that came out wrong.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    you sound great Patrick! i was hoping "the eighth of january" was the same song as "the month of january", but alas it is not. much too cheerful. do you ever think of busking? sometimes i fantasize about doing that, but i'd want to go somewhere no one knows me.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

Jon: Ha! You'll get full head next time. Baby.

Dave and Saoirse: Nah, I'm nowhere near good enough to busk with an instrument... well, not with a musical instrument, anyway. Seriously, though, I probably won't be good enough to do that for a few years. Those videos took a few takes, though not as many as I thought I'd need. So many songs that I play without much issue became infinitely more difficult with a camera pointed at me.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine383 View Post
    You aren't so filthy-mouthed. Or are you just warming up? Nice to see you with the rest of us journalers!
    oh snap, being called out by a spammer!

Holy awesome Primal vacation. I'm jealous of these guys:

Spearfishing, roadkill, and six days in paradise | Dreaming Wild

So... I might be spending August on a tiny island off mainland Belize. For free, house sitting a few cats. No roads, little electricity, surrounded by ocean.

Fuck. Yeah.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    That sounds pretty awesome. Will be you be living unplugged or will we still get updates and pics of spear fishing and stuff? I wouldn't blame you for doing a total blackout for the month, I would. But remember, some of us have to get our vacation vicariously through you, so lots of pics.

I've never been to Belize, but I have spent some time in other parts of the Yucatan. Diving that reef is incredible. Being primal will be easy with all the fresh sea food. There is nothing better than knowing the fish you are eating for dinner was swimming that morning, it doesn't get fresher.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So... I might be spending August on a tiny island off mainland Belize. For free, house sitting a few cats. No roads, little electricity, surrounded by ocean.

Fuck. Yeah.
    Fuck. Yeah. Indeed.