Page 13 of 193 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 13

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    *hands you seltzer water* feel better Patrick... no worries--thanks for your *brave* confession... i've always hated crap 'fast food' (like McD's) but i'm glad i have In-N-Out as an option! though i will confess, i love fries... but shit, at least there are sweet potato fries (though not at In-N-Out, sadly)!

i wish that there were Primal food joints with clean foods to offer at affordable prices... it's like, everywhere you go they add fucking sugar to their food! WTF?!!! assholes... poisoning everyone! lol

that's why i just stick to Whole Foods and crap whenever i am strapped for a meal away from home... i've learned though that packing extra Primal foods is always the best and safest bet xx

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a need for a restaurant right there....Primal Fast Food. Or Primal Foods.Oh! I could go nuts with this one! There are SOOOOOOOoooooo many possibilities for what to serve!

Meatza
    Wings
    Carnitas

You name it, we make it. And it doesn't have any additives, fillers, grains, sugars or processed crap. NONE OF IT.

And if we can get a liquor license (I dont know if you need those to sell Alcohol in Canada but you do in the US)....we could offer Primal drinks as well.

And if I were running it, I'd open it 24/7 for my Primal buddies that were in need of nourishment!

Hmmmm....(file this one in the "think about that more later" file in my head)...
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Oh ...and one other thing....I also have a confession to make: not one, not two but three Slim Jim beef sticks were consumed by me on the way home from work last night (I'm working 2nd shift this week 4pm-12am). Talk about processed crap! I couldn't help it though...I'm a 50 minute drive from work and there is literally nothing open between work and my house. Except McDonald's. My body was in serious hunger mode where it gets pissed off at me and starts giving me acid reflux as a reminder that my stomach has been empty for A WHILE. I dont get hunger pains anymore since going VLC but I do get acid reflux after a while when my body needs nourishment.As long as I eat something it goes away. So I ate something. It was that or pork rinds. I'm not a huge fan of pork rinds. Gas station fare is all that is available to a poor Primal soul in the wee hours of the morn. Unless I wanted to go hunting right then and there...(my guns were at home though so I couldnt)...

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I definitely felt like crap, but I was fine this morning, thankfully. In fact, I looked oddly more lean. That sometimes happens with me in that a sudden off night or the consumption of crap food will cause my body to go into overdrive or something. I dunno. Happened with pizza a few weeks ago. I woke up the next morning looking leaner than I did when I went to bed. Maybe I'm just fucking crazy. ...I wish this fire escape I'm using as a computer would stop fucking staring at me, though.

While I don't adhere to the concept of "making up for" something, such as a diet detour, I'll be rockin' today with my medium rib steak + chard cooked with bacon, peppers, garlic, and onion (cooked in the bacon fat, of course), with dollops of coconut milk added in at the end to make some weird concoction thingy. It's my favourite side dish, so to speak. I'd link to the picture, but facebook isn't letting me open the image in a new window to grab the image URL. Stupid thing. Anyway.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's SimpleFit judgement day. Last week's time came in at a laughable 9+ minutes (my first week at Level 4), so I'm aiming at getting that down to 7.5 or 8 minutes. I feel like 9 minutes is fucking atrocious, but not all that unexpected with the jump in reps from Levels 3 to 4.

This weekend I'm looking to keep mostly Primal, with exceptions made for precious beer tonight and tomorrow. (Every Friday is wings + beer lunch with my buddy -- love it! -- at our local community pub.)
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Sounds like a need for a restaurant right there....Primal Fast Food. Or Primal Foods. Oh! I could go nuts with this one!
    Do eeeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    And if we can get a liquor license (I dont know if you need those to sell Alcohol in Canada but you do in the US)....we could offer Primal drinks as well.
    Yup, need a license here as well.

I think there'd be good business for a small, Primal restaurant, fast food style or otherwise. It wouldn't even have to be billed as Primal so much as a source of locally- and responsibly-sourced, whole-food meals cooked in healthy ways.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Do eeeeet!

Yup, need a license here as well.

I think there'd be good business for a small, Primal restaurant, fast food style or otherwise. It wouldn't even have to be billed as Primal so much as a source of locally- and responsibly-sourced, whole-food meals cooked in healthy ways.
    The only problem for me with this is my location.I'm not certain I'm in the best spot for "Primal Fair"(...as in the play on the word Fare-for Food and Fair-for Carnival) down here in North Kacky-Lacky. People around here and throughout the American South are some of the most obese in the Good Ol' US of A. I think the top five worst states for obesity are surrounding & including NC. Reason being, the natives love Carbs and Fat. Most meals consist of a good, fried (in hydrogenated oils) portion of each! Diabetes & Heart Disease are king. And I am just one Primal guy living amongst all of them.

On the plus side....Hog Farming is HUGE in the Eastern portion of our state ("Down East"...as they say here). So, Bacon and Pork is cheap & abundant!

I <3 Bridgehead (a coffee shop chain in Ottawa). First, it's all organic/fair trade. I'm down with that. Not a deal breaker if it isn't, but it's great when it is. On top of that, their cream/sugar is organic (the sugar is raw cane sugar), which rocks. (Yeah, my one vice, other than beer, is honey in coffee.) Even better, the people are damn cool and friendly, and they've got this secret perk I found out about yesterday: the Way to Be Awesome Voucher.

So I was getting my usual coffee and the guy is giving me change. I stop him and tell him I didn't actually give him the money, the bill still being in my hand. Both he and I were a little baffled, since I could have sworn I gave it to him and he was handling a bill in the register. But no, I had only one $20 and there it was, the updated and thus-now-aged Queen Elizabeth II staring up at me from my hand. He reaches under the counter (and I go into ultra-crazy defensive Grok stance, ready to absorb a shotgun blast to the chest) and he smacks down this slip of paper. "What's this?" I asked him, mystified, turning it over in my hand. With a grin, he said, "That's what you get for being awesome." It basically allows me to get anything free at Bridgehead, whenever.

I just turned it in a few minutes ago, and the girl I gave it to looked at me and smiles, saying, "Sweet, you got the Awesome Voucher." I told her what I wanted, and her face went slack and she goes, "So you can get anything in here and you just want a medium coffee?"

"Yup," sayeth I. "It's not in my nature to abuse the powers of Awesome."

I feel this to be a good day.

Prime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    "It's not in my nature to abuse the powers of Awesome."

I feel this to be a good day.
    <3 you. That story totally made my day. The girl at the counter just doesn't understand what it means to be awesome.

teelea is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read this for a few days and I'm glad I came looking! Great story of awesomeness - and I love and appreciate the "rant" on page 11. You should publish that shit!
    *thumbup*

PS: I ate fried pickles today and felt like poo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    The girl at the counter just doesn't understand what it means to be awesome.
    Perhaps, though I like to think she just wanted me to get my money's worth, in which case that was pretty nice of her. (though she was still really surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by teelea View Post
    I haven't read this for a few days and I'm glad I came looking! Great story of awesomeness - and I love and appreciate the "rant" on page 11. You should publish that shit!
    Thanks, teelea! I keep waffling back and forth as to what I want to use this journal for, and I've decided I'm going to use it for whatever the fuck I want, even if it doesn't resemble any other Primal Journal type dealie and ends up looking more like a collection of random thoughts only loosely associated with Primal anything. This is my little space on the Primal-oriented Internet and I'll roshambo whoever I need to in order to keep spouting my shit, innane or otherwise. Glad some folks out there enjoy it. It'd be no fun if no one was getting at least a smile or laugh once in a while, if not a bit more.