Page 101 of 193 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1929

Thread: Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth) page 101

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, now would be great, but 5 years isn't that far away, though damn, by then I will be 40. Is it too early for a midlife meltdown?
    Thanks for the reminder, dammit! Seriously though, I do think I will look better at 40 than I ever did at 20 thanks to PB. My ultimate goal is to walk into my 20th high school reunion in 3 years and not a damn person recognize me. That would be fucking awesome.
    Georgette

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yep....same here. You and I have a similar body type. I would describe it as the Fire-Hydrant body type.
    Fire hydrant is a good description.

I prefer to explain it this way....you and I take more after our Neanderthal forefathers: short and extremely wide. Guys like Patrick take after Homo Sapiens: Tall, long, lanky. Well, actually, Patrick takes after his H.Sapien foremother who was stolen and brought back to Neanderthal land by our H. Neantheralensis forefathers in a raid....;-)
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

I still think of myself as the female equivalent of a fire hydrant or as Jenny likes to say "woman built for plow" from the Russian she knew.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, now would be great, but 5 years isn't that far away, though damn, by then I will be 40. Is it too early for a midlife meltdown?
    Pffft. Ask Mark and Art de Vany to sympathize for your almost-40-year-old self. I'm sure at 57 and 73 they'll cry you a river, youngling!

Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    In my experience, the people that are extemely happy and healthy are the ones who have figured out how to be at peace with their body even though its image doesnt match their version of the "perfect" image. Or maybe it does....they just converted their image of perfect in their head!!!
    I think that's exactly what happens! We strive for X, even if we're Y. We end up somewhere between, and somewhere along the journey we're cool with where we look destined to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If I can get back to being able to bodily lift myself up and over a bar with only my arms and abs, and if I can get back to being able to do a backflip off a jungle gym without even thinking about it, I'll be in the right range.
    Judging a state of being by what we can do in terms of physical actions is probably the smartest way to go! You can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My ultimate goal is to walk into my 20th high school reunion in 3 years and not a damn person recognize me. That would be fucking awesome.
    That would be sweet! I'm satisfied right now getting compliments from my ex, who saw me go from 157 lb (after coming home from China wanderings) to 207 lb over the course of 3 years. It's nice when people who've seen your decline can also see you reverse that.

Guys like Patrick take after Homo Sapiens: Tall, long, lanky. Well, actually, Patrick takes after his H.Sapien foremother who was stolen and brought back to Neanderthal land by our H. Neantheralensis forefathers in a raid....;-)
    Hahahaha!! Too true! Does that mean I get the best of both worlds?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Pffft. Ask Mark and Art de Vany to sympathize for your almost-40-year-old self. I'm sure at 57 and 73 they'll cry you a river, youngling!

That is Mr. Youngling to the likes of you *harumph* :P

I am in the fire hydrant camp at a towering 5'7"

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    That is Mr. Youngling to the likes of you *harumph* :P

I am in the fire hydrant camp at a towering 5'7"
    You Neanderthal you....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

canio6 Guest
    You Neanderthal you....
    lol. I take that as a compliment.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    So whaddaya call the chick built like me? Deceptive powerhouse?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    So whaddaya call the chick built like me? Deceptive powerhouse?
    In my house, we call it "small yet mighty" That's what my Heather is.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    In my house, we call it "small yet mighty" That's what my Heather is.
    I had a good friend describe it as "don't fuck with small people."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome