Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: While I'm Ranting... Nutella! page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool While I'm Ranting... Nutella!

Primal Fuel
    Am I the only one who cannot stand that Nutella commercial where the lady goes on about how great Nutella is for her kids when put on "multigrain toast" or "wholewheat waffles."

That and there's the commercials for super-sugar-laden Miniwheats which is great because is keeps your kids FULL until lunch! They'll get straight A's when they eat this crap!!!

::facepalm::
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you ~ the Nutella commercial bothers the hell out of me. Yes, smear some sugar & vegetable oil on toast & you've succeeded in giving your kids a nutritious start to their day.

And mini-wheats ~ back before I became "enlightened" and used to buy cereal, I remember checking out the ingredients, which included BHT, one of the worst, most carcinogenic preservatives around. I'm guessing that hasn't changed recently.
    Even if they've removed the BHT, there's still lots of sugar and, of course, grains.

And yet we PB'ers are the ones that get quizzical looks from the majority of the population when we pass up the bread basket at restaurants. Maybe one day the "primal" knowledge will begin to seep into public consciousness.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a parent, but my nieces and nephews were fed all this crap growing up. Grrrr...

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    I was fed junk as a kid, too ~ my sweet Mom just didn't know better. Pop Tarts were my thing until Pillsbury Toaster Strudels came along. I thought that was a gourmet breakfast.
    Today I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10' pole. (Unless it was to knock it into the trash can.)

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Even under CW logic, you have to be kind of retarded to not understand that a processed sugar bomb is bad for you. It doesn't take rigorous scientific reasoning to figure this one out.

Then again, it took years of research to convince americans that inhaling smoke from noxious chemicals and plant matter is bad for you. Baby steps, I guess.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Then again, it took years of research to convince americans that inhaling smoke from noxious chemicals and plant matter is bad for you. Baby steps, I guess.
    Well look at the science of evolution... over a 100 years later and people continue to push their head in the sand despite mountains of evidence, dna, etc. etc. etc. Hell, there's even some blokes on here who don't accept evolution. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheebie View Post
    Pop Tarts were my thing until Pillsbury Toaster Strudels came along. I thought that was a gourmet breakfast.
    Same here... I was obsessed and still to this day I could eat a whole box in one sitting. Of course, I know better now but if I was gonna die tomorrow I'd totally go for it.

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheebie View Post
    I was fed junk as a kid, too ~ my sweet Mom just didn't know better. Pop Tarts were my thing until Pillsbury Toaster Strudels came along. I thought that was a gourmet breakfast.
    Today I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10' pole. (Unless it was to knock it into the trash can.)
    I remember when Toaster Strudels were so freaking amazing and special that if my mom brought them home I felt like I was freaking king of the world before going to school.

Now when I get up for work if I don't get 4 eggs, some sausage, an avocado and maybe a handful of nuts I get disappointed as hell.

It's hilarious to look back and remember bagels and strudels as my favorite breakfast foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    It's hilarious to look back and remember bagels and strudels as my favorite breakfast foods.
    I was the bagel king... 3 full bagels with cream cheese was EPIC back then... and to think I was thinking back then "well this is better than bacon" and now all i eat is bacon!

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    I have a 16 oz jar of nutella in the pantry if anyone has an enemy they would like to dispose of very subtly...

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I effin LOVE Nutella. By itself though, and have it every once in a blue. But even when I ate bread I couldn't stomach spreading Nutella on it. It was horrible. I couldn't understand why people would mix the two.
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast