Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arby's Joke of a new Slogan page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Arby's Joke of a new Slogan

Primal Fuel
    So i've driven by Arby's a few times on my way to work and notice that they have a new slogan (for which they have on signs and all over their website)...

Good Mood Food

Arby's Good Mood Food

::snort:: yeah...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I've never been able to figure out Arby's success. Even when I used to eat at fast food joints their stuff was beneath me. Their "roast beef" didn't have any flavor at all unless you dumped on a ton of their bar-b-que sauce, which was also crappy.

eisenreich is offline Member
    I once spent nearly $15 on an Arby's meal..for myself..

Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
    Large Curly Fries
    Large Mozzarella Sticks
    Large Soda + Milkshake

Needless to say, it was delicious while I was eating it, but it certainly didn't put me in a "good mood" for the next few hours.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich View Post
    I once spent nearly $15 on an Arby's meal..for myself..

Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich
    Large Curly Fries
    Large Mozzarella Sticks
    Large Soda + Milkshake

Needless to say, it was delicious while I was eating it, but it certainly didn't put me in a "good mood" for the next few hours.
    I was the same way... I used to do the 5 for 5.55 thing and get 4 sammiches, a drink, and then add a thing of mottz sticks... it's SOOO good... until about 35 minutes later...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I dunno...I used to get in to a mood for an arby's roast beef sammich with their arby's sauce and melty orange cheese-like stuff on it. Their roast beef doesn't have much flavor other than salty but it would just hit the spot. The hubs brought one home the other day for lunch and I have to admit, it looked pretty nasty. Not sure I'd want to ever eat one again.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    I agree their slogan is a joke ~ but the commercial makes me chuckle, because it's so bizarre.
    In the world of fast food, I find Arby's to be one of the least offensive.

McDonald's ~ now there's a chain I'd like to see gone from the face of the earth.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    every once in a while I'll get a hankering for their roast beast, especially with the swiss cheese. So I go to HEB, buy a pound of roast beast and some swiss cheese, and enjoy myself.
    I do miss their curyfries though...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

nax
    nax is offline Member
    Maybe good deuce food. That's about what you get out of it.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    J. Stanton

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    Funny story about Arby's:

My wife had a hankering for their roastbeef one night while she was on-shift working at a hospital in Elizabethtown, Kentucky (I was stationed at Fort Knox at the time). It was before we had kids, I was on my way home from work, and she called asking me to pick us up some. No problem.

Some background - my wife worked in the CardioVascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU). The unit was shaped like a semi-circle with open bays for all the patients (so medical personnel could go from patient to patient I guess? I dunno). The entrance dumped you in the middle of the semi-circle so you could see all the patients.

While I was in the drive-through, apparently, one of my wife's patients started coding - or something - either way this required her to crack open the chest.

Long story short, I come upstairs with a brown Arby's bag under each arm to find my wife elbow's deep in a guy's chest cavity manually pumping home-boy's heart.

Of course, I start laughing. This is what I do in uncomfortable situations. It's a disease really.

My wife looks up at me, screams that this is a "BAD TIME" and that I should go. I, laughing, agree.

The person standing next to my wife working the chest-spreading device looks up, smiles, and says "OOOH! ARBY'S! Did you bring me some?"

I left both bags on the receptionist's desk. Walked out, laughing the whole way. My wife, nor I, have eaten Arby's since.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Anyone know if Arby's roast beef (sans-bun/sauces of course) is mostly paleo-safe? I guess it's a silly question but I know plenty of deli meats out there have all kinds of crap marinades and whatnot to begin with. And yes, I know their roast beef is terrible. You don't need to tell me, especially since the area I live in is what a some people consider the roast beef capital of the world. But I may be making a necessary Arby's pitstop in the near future, that's why I ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast