Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The DEAL with TOFU? page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Question What Is The DEAL with TOFU?

Primal Fuel
    I've got a couple "health freaks" at my office who go to the gym EVERY DAY! They run run run and stay away from meat like the plague!

They're always going on about how magically perfect tofu is... I just don't get it.

What the eff really IS tofu and why do they think it's so amazing?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Avoid it like the plague!! It's made from unfermented soy and is linked to a laundry list of health problems.

It is NOT the health food that it was touted as for so many years.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Fermented (or "fermented" with modern technology) soy that's been compacted and shaped. As to why it's amazing, I have no clue. I've never liked it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    I hate the taste but I tell you people worship it like it's the end all be all where I work.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, no one ever accused people of being smart. As for tofu, it tastes like crap, has a weird texture, and does not, no matter what idiots say, "take on the flavor of whatever you cook it with!!1!!!OMFGIluvit!!!!"
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    I have heard the complaints about it, and soy in particular but I have a real problem with that as the Koreans eat the stuff with just about everything! and they are pretty damn healthy! unless you look at the ones, the young ones now eating a more SAD, which is killing them. By itself it is bland, but mix it with a soup or stew and it will take on the flavor. You can even make a sort of jerky with it. Like I said I have seen both sides reported, just as there is the 180 view of PB. Japanese also eat it however it is prepared differently. I have no grips about it myself, although I would not eat copious amounts every day!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    By itself it is bland, but mix it with a soup or stew and it will take on the flavor.

Sorry, but I simply to do find this to be the case. I've had tofu in curries, stirfrys, and in Korea when I lived there for a year. Tofu to my tastes did not take on the flavor of whatever like chicken or beef or whatever did/does. To me it is like sticking a sponge in some curry, sure the sponge soaks it up but it still is tastes like a sponge.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    To me it is like sticking a sponge in some curry, sure the sponge soaks it up but it still is tastes like a sponge.
    And thanks be that we don't all like the same thing...! I LOVE IT!!!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Tofu or any soy product is no good unless its fermented. Do a little research and alert your co-workers. I'd be curious to know what their reaction is.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    And thanks be that we don't all like the same thing...! I LOVE IT!!!
    In that case, please eat mine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast