Thread: Cholesterol Test Names? page

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Question Cholesterol Test Names?

Primal Fuel
    My father is heading in for his first physical/cholesterol test after 9 months Primal.

I reminded him to make sure his blood tests show both kinds of LDL, so he contacted the doc to get a new lab script. The response from the docs office was 'huh'? .....groan

So can can anyone let me know what exactly he should be asking for? Is it just a VLDL test, or is there a more technical name?

Also, does anyone have any good articles on VLDL research that I could have my father print and take with him when they go over the results. I suspect based on the doctor offices reaction my father may have to do some 'edumacating' while he is there. The doc really wanted him on statins last time he was in there, so I know if his overall LDL is elevated he might have a fight on his hands.

Thanks in advance!!!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    My father is heading in for his first physical/cholesterol test after 9 months Primal.

I reminded him to make sure his blood tests show both kinds of LDL, so he contacted the doc to get a new lab script. The response from the docs office was 'huh'? .....groan

So can can anyone let me know what exactly he should be asking for? Is it just a VLDL test, or is there a more technical name?

Also, does anyone have any good articles on VLDL research that I could have my father print and take with him when they go over the results. I suspect based on the doctor offices reaction my father may have to do some 'edumacating' while he is there. The doc really wanted him on statins last time he was in there, so I know if his overall LDL is elevated he might have a fight on his hands.

Thanks in advance!!!
    He needs to have them do either a VAP or an NMR. Also, if his LDL is elevated but his HDL is too, that cancels out. Have you pointed him at my Cholesterol Primer (in my sig)?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Thanks grice, I sent him a bunch of info on the VAP test, and I looked at a couple big labs in the area he lives and it looks like they all do it. I browsed your primer....TONS of info. I suspect when he gets his results we will be visiting all that info next