Thread: A month in - already New! and Improved! page

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member

A month in - already New! and Improved!

Primal Fuel
    Hi Groklings! It's been about a month since I dragged hubs and myself into Primal. We were already doing an Atkinesque lifestyle, so not as huge a change for us as for others, but still a big change.

Immediate Result:

- I'm 51 and do some sports and HIIT and Pliates home exercising. Last year I got bursitis in my hips, which took about 6 months to heal. Afterward I experienced stiffness getting up in the morning or sitting in a chair for a while. I would get up all bent over like a stereotypical ole lady!

About a week or so ago, I mentioned to hubs, "Hey! I'm not stiff anymore!" I am so happy about this, as you middle-aged folk can imagine!

I love the coconut oil and have been eating it daily. We've been eating avocados almost daily as well, and I've replaced my low-fat milk for heavy cream in my daily 2-3 cups of tea. So, our fat intake has increased greatly.

I have been about 90% Primal-compliant. I cheated with some sushi rice. But I did get a side of broiled mackerel, and got some Ikura - salmon eggs sushi. It was very high quality - yummmm, like butter! We also cheat with chocolates. Costco's chocolate-covered macadamias.

Anyway, we think Primal is WIN!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    right on!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I hope primal goes well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

akchick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    Hi Groklings! It's been about a month since I dragged hubs and myself into Primal. We were already doing an Atkinesque lifestyle, so not as huge a change for us as for others, but still a big change.

Immediate Result:

- I'm 51 and do some sports and HIIT and Pliates home exercising. Last year I got bursitis in my hips, which took about 6 months to heal. Afterward I experienced stiffness getting up in the morning or sitting in a chair for a while. I would get up all bent over like a stereotypical ole lady!

About a week or so ago, I mentioned to hubs, "Hey! I'm not stiff anymore!" I am so happy about this, as you middle-aged folk can imagine!

I love the coconut oil and have been eating it daily. We've been eating avocados almost daily as well, and I've replaced my low-fat milk for heavy cream in my daily 2-3 cups of tea. So, our fat intake has increased greatly.

I have been about 90% Primal-compliant. I cheated with some sushi rice. But I did get a side of broiled mackerel, and got some Ikura - salmon eggs sushi. It was very high quality - yummmm, like butter! We also cheat with chocolates. Costco's chocolate-covered macadamias.

Anyway, we think Primal is WIN!
    hi gina, so glad to hear of your success! i have been lurking about these boards for the past couple weeks, but i was looking for someone like you who was basically atkin-ish already. i would love to hear your thoughts comparing the two, and your fat loss (if that, is, indeed, one of your goals!) i have been eating pretty low carb (but with some sprouted bread and some dairy), and am wondering if primal would make that much of a difference. (i've been struggling with my weight since i was 14. i can feel my muscles getting stronger - i do chalean extreme, HIIT, and some long easy cardio - but my body fat doesn't seem to respond to ANYTHING).

THANKS!!!
    erica