Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Please help me

Primal Fuel
    I just 'plucked' two THICK black hairs about an inch long off my CHIN.....

im being serious 100% promise you....

mildly having a panic attack

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Been doing that since I was 18. The only thing that fixes that is electrolysis.
    Georgette

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    no this isnt normal, something is way off if my chin produces THICK BLACK curly hair

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Its hormonal. If you're really freaked out, go to your doctor and get your Testosterone checked. Could be high. Your doctor will even tell you the only thing that can fix that is electrolosis. I just do a weekly pluck session and go with it.
    Georgette

nax
    nax is offline Member
    Might need more fat... wait errr no.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    J. Stanton

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Hairs gone wild!
    It's hormonal. Women in perimenopause (can be a long phase) get them reliably. Men get more hair growing on their ears as they age. We all have something to show we are aging.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I had TWO of these for years. So annoying and used to drive me mad.

I finally had them electro'd after years of pulling them out just to find they seem to grow back stronger and thicker!

Nothing major, my derm said it happens all the time. If you get a full chin beard, you might want to put the worry hat on, otherwise tweezers are your friend.

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    With everything else you have going on, it's most likely low Estrogen, Mal...It's not cool I know. I had nondetectable levels of testosterone/DHEA, and still had them. It's quite common when you have out-of-kink adrenals/thyroid especially because low thyroid levels increase SHBG, and high SHBG means low free sex hormones.

They'll probably get worse before they get better-stay on with the tweezers, and get some blood tests done ASAP.

The good news is that with a few months of getting sex hormones optimized, they'll go away. I've been on HRT for all of a full month (just started month #2) and they're already thinning out. I've been assured by my ND that they will most definitely go away, and if they dont, well, that's an indication that we haven't reached optimal yet.

I feel your pain!
    Last edited by Eklecktika; 03-15-2011 at 03:06 PM.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    The older you get the worse it will get...sorry. I started getting a few in my 20's, now....well its not something I like to talk about in mixed company. Periods, yeast infections, child birth, sex, nipple chafe...sure. Chin hairs. That's pretty personal.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh God, a couple of times I noticed these on other women who seemed to be oblivious about them. I just wanted to reach out and pluck them! The next time I saw one of the women she had taken care of the critters.

I regularly pluck the ear hairs off my hubs, and clip the "Albert Einstein" stray brow hairs for him too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast