Thread: Supplement Ingredient Questions: One A Day Men's & WF 365 Whey Vanilla page

PrimalRFG is offline Member

Supplement Ingredient Questions: One A Day Men's & WF 365 Whey Vanilla

Shop Now
    I have questions regarding the ingredients of two supplements I've recently bought, Men's One A Day Multivitamin and WF 365 Vanilla Whey Protein. I'm not usually the type to throw away ingredients, but would be interested to hear everyone's take as to how much of each ingredient they think might be in these supplements and how bad they may really be. (Disclaimer: I know using a protein shake is not the best option, but I enjoy it a few times a week if I can't catch lunch).

One A Day: includes corn starch (5th ingrdient), maltodextrin (6th ingredient) and sucrose (approx 15th ingredient). See full list here - One A Day Men's Health Formula

365 Vanilla Whey: 1st ingredient is cross-flow micro-filtered whey protein isolate (contains soy lecithin)

So, I'm wondering.. how bad are these? And should I toss? I'll definitely be selecting a different Multi in the future. Thanks!!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I'm assuming that you've already decided that both of these products are something you're going to keep in your life, so I won't try to talk you out of taking either.

As far as the damage goes?

Unless you have a severe autoimmune problem or corn allergy, the One A Day's chances of being problematic are slim-to-none. That's a TINY amount of processed corn/sugar.

Soy lecithin tends to be a non-issue unless you are VERY allergic to soy products. Even then, it shouldn't cause any problems.

If you're absolutely rolling in money and have nothing better to do with it, go ahead and replace them. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

PrimalRFG is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    I'm assuming that you've already decided that both of these products are something you're going to keep in your life, so I won't try to talk you out of taking either.
    Thanks for the overall advice. I'm on the fence about needing these supplements and have generally always been "health-conscious" and never really used them, but I thought I'd start from the PB's overall comprehensive gameplan, and then modify accordingly. For all I know, I may ditch these supplements at some point.