Thread: Primal Ladera (Greek Stew) page

kendo is offline Junior Member

Primal Ladera (Greek Stew)

Greetings,

Iíve made some ĎPrimalíchanges to a recipe I found a while back. It was in Menís Health and itís for a Greek Stew called Ladera. Here was the original recipe text.

What you can learn from Greece: "Stop trying to eat all your vegetables as sides," says Paravantes. To that end, try this Greek stew, called ladera. Boil a pound of frozen green beans for 3 minutes, and then drain. Sautť a chopped onion in olive oil, and add a can of crushed tomatoes, a pinch of sugar, and some parsley. Cook for 10 minutes, add the beans and simmer for 20 minutes. Top with feta and serve with whole-grain bread. For more recipes, go to MensHealth.com, keyword world.

I made this a few times before going Primal and loved it. The only change was that I sautťed some garlic in with the onions at the beginning. Gotta have garlic! With the tomatoes it basically becomes a chunky marinara sauce.

Then when I discovered Primal I added some meat and spinach. Here is the recipe.

You need a large Fry pan to fit everything in.

- Boil the chopped green beans for a few min in a large pot. Then spoon them out and add a bunch a spinach to that water and boil till cooked. Keep these veggies on the side.
    - Dump some extra virgin olive oil in the fry pan. ( I never measure, maybe 3 to 5 tablespoons)
    - Finely chop Ĺ a yellow onion and sautť for a min or 2
    - Chop/mince 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and add to onions. Cook for a min or 2.
    - Add 1 lb. of grass fed ground beef and cook till brown
    - Add 1 28 oz. can of chopped San Marzano tomatoes and cook for a few minÖletting the tomatoes get hot
    - Add the green beans and spinach and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

I occasionally cave-in and add some feta or goat cheese but never bread.

Itís really good. The beans give it some crunch and it ends up being a very hearty meal. Almost like a thick chili. Iíve also made it which chopped up boneless chicken breasts but I prefer the beef.

Attached are a couple of pics of the final product!
    Attached Images Attached Images