Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaction from eggs? page

Valkyria is offline Senior Member

Reaction from eggs?

Primal Fuel
    My boyfriend has got a few digestive problems, and lately he has been avoiding eggs to see if he reacts to them.
    He had eggs again Sunday and then yesterday. He didn't notice any particular reaction Sunday I don't think, but yesterday he said he was feeling cold and achy all over. Could that be a reaction to eggs?
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    I doubt it. BTW, if you want to get everything out of an egg, you need to eat the egg yolk uncooked and the white cooked just enough to make it white. A cooked egg yolk loses nutritive value and an uncooked white has enzyme inhibitors that can prevent all the nutrients in the yolk from being properly absorbed.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    It really depends how many eggs he consumes on a regular basis. You can develop an allergy to eggs due to overconsumption. I recommend rotating them out for awhile and then re-introducing them in small increments depending on how it makes him feel. Also, what is he cooking the eggs in? If it is butter he could have dairy intolerances that are making him feel that way. But yes, overconsumption of eggs especially if you are eating them on a regular basis can get you into trouble.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    I believe I developed a sensitivity to eggs last year. I wasn't eating obscene amounts -- perhaps 2-3 scrambled eggs each morning, plus incidental consumption in other recipes. But after a while I started feeling abdominal pains and sometimes nausea after eating anything. I had to go on a very bland diet of a dozen or so tiny meals a day. I slowly recovered and started introducing my regular foods back into my diet. I didn't have any trouble until I tried eggs again, and then BAM my symptoms returned immediately. I took a break from eggs for a few months, and now use them very sparingly. So far, so good, but I don't think I'll ever go back to my 2-3/day habit.

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your replies guys.

He does have dairy on a regular basis and seems to be fine with that. Maybe it was just some random coincidence. He is giving up on eggs for a while anyway because he feels better without them. Hopefully he'll be able to have them again at some point.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

VeggieBoy is offline Member
    Interestingly, I have found that eating eggs with runny yolks makes me feel very ill for a day or so (tired, achey, upset stomach) but I can eat all the hard-boiled eggs I want without any trouble at all. Never figured out why, but I've tested it numerous times now always with the same results.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Lots of people have trouble with either the yolk or white; more often the yolks. I recently learned about these eggs from hens not fed on grains/soy. Haven't tried them myself.

Organic Soy-free Eggs - Grass-Fed Traditions
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieBoy View Post
    Interestingly, I have found that eating eggs with runny yolks makes me feel very ill for a day or so (tired, achey, upset stomach) but I can eat all the hard-boiled eggs I want without any trouble at all. Never figured out why, but I've tested it numerous times now always with the same results.
    Oddly, I'm just the opposite. Hard yolks make me feel ill, but slightly runny are good to go. Who knows.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

chuckarie is offline Member
    It is very possible. I can't eat too many eggs (one or two at the most in one meal) because for some reason if I eat more I get horrible stomach ache and flu like symptoms that only go away after the eggs have been digested. It's a similar feeling from eating too many cashews. Also, I seem to have a problem with with avocados. Maybe it's the sulfur in them? I know I'm allergic to sulfur medications so that might be why...

frances is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I developed an egg allergy from overconsumption, I'm covered in hives! Am eliminating eggs for the time being. Sucks because i've be en eating them for breakfast every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast