Thread: The Gabriel Method page

cmw45 is offline Member

The Gabriel Method

Shop Now
    Anyone done it? Heard about it today and looked up Jon's site. He seems like a good guy and the idea seems healthy. I read through a bit on google books and his approach seems like just what I've been needing, to shift the focus from trying to lose weight through dieting to nourishing your body with whole, live foods.

With Primal it may not seem like much of a difference b/n those two things, but it is really an important psychological shift in thinking that may be beneficial in changing my set point again.

Any thoughts?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I flipped through the book once. I think he does include whole grains in his "live foods" idea, but I could be wrong. In addition, he puts a lot of stock into visualization and positive thinking. Those are things that I think can help a great deal, but they are usually dismissed in the science-oriented paleo world.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I've done the whole shebang -- read the book, had the picture next to my bed, diligently listened to the meditation before bed each and every night, did the flaxseed thing, positive affirmations, all of it -- and nothing happened. I would like to believe. Maybe the way it worked was that I landed here?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I've done the whole shebang -- read the book, had the picture next to my bed, diligently listened to the meditation before bed each and every night, did the flaxseed thing, positive affirmations, all of it -- and nothing happened. I would like to believe. Maybe the way it worked was that I landed here?
    Totally me too. I've tried EVERYTHING before I landed here. I do believe in this stuff though. I believe in Science and the Law of Attraction.