Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to LA -where's the best place to live/how is primal life out there?! page 2

daveyace is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    wow LA thats would be a dream come true for me, all the best to you

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Culver City / Palms is a good choice for you - cheaper than Westwood / Santa Monica, a bit closer to USC, and still close to the beach. BTW nobody has mentioned Silverlake area which is closer to USC and also much less expensive.
    I was actually at a store the other day and someone was saying that Silverlake would be a good area. Its not as close to the beach right? But probably a lot cheaper...which is always good. It sounds like I should definitely check out Culver City- I have heard it mentioned a few times! Thanks
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyace View Post
    wow LA thats would be a dream come true for me, all the best to you
    Thanks Dave! I am so pumped. I figure I better do it while I am young or it will never happen!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Madeiro is offline Junior Member
    Hi there!

I'm in West Hollywood at the moment. Haven't seen a whole lot in the way of Primal/Paleo stuff around here, but I wanted to pass along word of my absolute favorite grocery store ever: Fresh and Easy. The chain prides itself on two things:

1) Amazing deals, weekly coupons, and generally the cheapest prices on meat, produce, etc.
    2) No preservatives, no HFCS, etc. None.

That second point always manages to impress me. You'll still find the odd vegetable oil, but it's pretty rare to find heavy whipping cream, for example, with just one ingredient: cream. Fresh and Easy has that and a lot more. I'm not sure if there's one in your area, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out if there is.

Trader Joe's is a popular place too, but with the exception of sweet potatoes they always seem to be priced higher than F&E. Still a great place to shop, though, if only for the character.

Hope this helps! If you and your boyfriend ever make it out to WeHo, feel free to message me. I'd love to meet up.
    Primal, Minimal, Vagabond(al): Three New Leaves! Check out my blog!

And come say hi on Twitter, too!

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the burbs are very snoozy and not for young folks, LOL!

Santa Monica would be a hell commute - girl you have no idea what commute means!

I would not live in Silverlake - not safe enough for me. I think Culver City is very doable - probably the least expensive area that close to beaches. Manhattan Beach is $$$ and also a shlep. South of Beverly Hills around La Cienega Blvd., some parts of Mid-Wilshire maybe. The furthest I'd go is West Hollywood, which is a fun place for young folk (see, I do remember these things!)

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Silver lake is lovely these days... Noho isn't bad either if you are ok living in the valley :/. And you'd be close to the Dresden room lol. Great fun, that!

A Santa Monica (or anywhere on the west side) commute would be upwards of an hour. I wouldn't live anywhere near USC... Way too sketchy and constantly shifting "boundaries" between safe and unsafe IMO.

Pasadena/south pas is gorgeous and not a bad commute at all. Rents are slightly lower than the beach and you can always drive out there (and you will lol!) whenever you feel like it. Get a reliable, comfy car that youLOVE and be prepared to live in it. You drive everywhere there. Everywhere. (and you'll be judged for what you drive and how well you maintain it, for real... The shallow stereotype is very true in a lot of ways there.)

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    i live in Toluca Lake/Burbank... though i'd prefer to live near the beach, i don't mind where i am--i have an awesome studio and i like/enjoy the quiet... it all depends on what you're looking for, where you're working, etc... i freelance and telecommute so it works for me... i've lived ALL OVER SoCal (L.A. & O.C.)

but i agree--culver city would be ok... i also like studio city... los feliz, etc.... good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12