Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Importance of Trainers and Training Partners page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up The Importance of Trainers and Training Partners

Shop Now
    I wrote a new blog about the importance of trainers and training partners. It's got a fun video, too - enjoy!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Al, do you prefer we comment on your blog or on here? I suppose we could do both, but if you had to choose one, would you rather blog traffic/comments?

I loved the part where the other guy just came in and did a quick human flag! That kinda summed up my brief experience in New York -- NYCers are a damn friendly bunch!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Hey Patrick- glad you liked this one. The guy who walks by is a friend/training partner of ours who just coincidentally happened to be passing through and wanted to get in on the fun - he didn't even realize I was taping!

Btw, comments are welcome wherever you feel comfortable leaving them, but I prefer getting comments on the blog post itself. Thanks.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, the site doesn't seem to be loading up for me this morning...

EDIT: Nevermind, working now...
    Last edited by Grok; 03-14-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Yeah I've been having some issues with my server today (dreamhost). Glad you were finally able to see it - thanks for your patience!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with all of that.

I love using a trainer... it's awesome. Having a pro check your form, push you to the limit, etc... is great.

I hurt my back a while back and despite the chiro/pt... the thing that really fixed it was doing about 10 30 min one-on-one sessions with a pilates instructor. Then i added in yoga to my routine. Back fixed (core is stronger than before injury) and it was worth every penny.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I have to say, working out with my sister yesterday was the best workout I've had in a long while. It's so much better when you have someone to train with. I wish we could make it a regular routine.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    I hurt my back a while back and despite the chiro/pt... the thing that really fixed it was doing about 10 30 min one-on-one sessions with a pilates instructor. Then i added in yoga to my routine. Back fixed (core is stronger than before injury) and it was worth every penny.
    Similar scenario for me - I'd just switched from 1:1 sessions to boot camps with my trainer (longer sessions for less money), when I hurt myself (high ankle sprain on my left ankle and torn MCL on my right knee). After a few weeks to get to the point where I could do PT, I did PT (paid out of pocket so I could get high-quality PT) supplemented by PT on my own at home, and back to 1:1 sessions with my trainer. Because I'd worked with them for so long, I knew I could trust them to work with me and help me in my rehab and push me (thoughtfully) back to full functionality. They helped keep me honest and moving forward post-injury when I was getting really discouraged.

In general, working with a trainer for the last 2+ years has been the best investment I've ever made.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Nice blog.

I'm curious - have you done a blog entry on how to find the right trainer for you? I have my thoughts based on my own experience but I'm curious as to what you recommend.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    I agree with all of that.

I love using a trainer... it's awesome. Having a pro check your form, push you to the limit, etc... is great.

Congrats on your recovery - grok on!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I have to say, working out with my sister yesterday was the best workout I've had in a long while. It's so much better when you have someone to train with. I wish we could make it a regular routine.
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ennasirk View Post
    In general, working with a trainer for the last 2+ years has been the best investment I've ever made.
    I love reading stuff like this. You've obviously got a great trainer!

Nice blog.
    Thanks!

I'm curious - have you done a blog entry on how to find the right trainer for you? I have my thoughts based on my own experience but I'm curious as to what you recommend.

I haven't gotten into this on my blog, but I do discuss it a bit in my book...which everyone should get a copy of.

I'd like to hear your story though if you want to tell us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast