Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Does Funkadelic Eat? page 3

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I think it comes down to confidence though, and confidence comes from practice. So there needs to be a lot of practice for me this summer.
    Do it!

And yes, please wear a harness. We can't have you breaking your awesomeness again.
    Thanks for your concern, but you and I both know that my awesomeness is unbreakable!

Love the eats, especially the pig brain. I found it to be incredibly delicious. Beef brain is delightful. I take it you have a reliable source then? I've just found mine and am looking forward to getting another bag of fresh bits.
    Heck yes! I'm in love with brains. SO much n-3 and tasty, tasty (WARNING)cholesterol(DANGER). I bought a little over 20 pounds of the little guys from a nearby butcher, but I'd like to try to find cow brains next. Any tips for preparing them? I would love you forever if you had some primal brain recipes!

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I have no problem with hieghts. It's heights that move that creep me the fuck out. Mountains, airplanes, no problem. Skyscrapers and high trees, I'm panicking and GTFOing.
    HAHA! Call me crazy, but I love the swaying feeling of being high up in a tall tree with some wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Wow! You look great! I'm trying to convince my fiance to start eating primally, I should show him your pictures and hopefully he'll get motivated! So glad that you are recovering so well!
    Thanks, Tara!

Oh, and even though I don't think you'll need it, good luck converting your fiance. Repeat after me, "All you can eat steak."

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Actually, if you wander on over to my blog I've been doing offal for nearly a month... brains included.

DIANA!!! You win some love with those "Caribbean Brain Busters"; they look AWESOME! I'll try them soon (maybe this weekend?) and let you know the results.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Dude you're weird and I've decided I hate your taste in music, but I'll be reading this.

Brains, haven't gone there yet, I can't find a close-enough farmer and this is NJ, people only eat what others find acceptable, it's VERY hard to find random shit, or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Do you still smoke? I think I recall you being one of the primal tokers, I had to give it up for a number of reasons but mostly because I'd eat just about everything in sight with complete disregard for health.

I will say though, I wish I ate more like you (and malpaz) and all other posters that routinely partake in marrow, bone broths, offal, etc... I'm still living off conventional bacon and eggs.

I'm currently eating nutella, you're jealous.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    Today's pick is pure awesome and goes out to the always lovely ZoŽ.

Waking Up From the American Dream by deadmau5

Wait...nightcrawler?! How did he find us here?!

God(s), this is making me so giddy happy right now! Always reminds me of rocking out together in your car without a single care in the world (and high as hell on oxytocin + love). Actually, posting your music every day is going to be giving me a heck of a lot of motivation. Of course music has always been powerful to me but now, more than ever, it forces me to remember how incredibly f*cking awesome life really is. Seriously. Keep it up.
    Last edited by ZoŽ; 03-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Dude you're weird and I've decided I hate your taste in music, but I'll be reading this.
    Hahahaha!! Belive me, this is VERY mild.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Wild! I, too, fell from a height and broke my back and had titanium rods and many screws (spanning 5 vertebrae) .... and I got my rods out exactly a year ago today! It was VERY worth it to get the rods out. Be prepared for a whole 'nuther round of PT, though. Even your tendons will have shortened to accommodate the rods and cross-bars, not to mention muscles. I'm just preparing you mentally for this, because me and my friends foolishly thought I'd just get up out of bed and be running. But at least we are both on our way!!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Wild! I, too, fell from a height and broke my back and had titanium rods and many screws (spanning 5 vertebrae) .... and I got my rods out exactly a year ago today! It was VERY worth it to get the rods out. Be prepared for a whole 'nuther round of PT, though. Even your tendons will have shortened to accommodate the rods and cross-bars, not to mention muscles. I'm just preparing you mentally for this, because me and my friends foolishly thought I'd just get up out of bed and be running. But at least we are both on our way!!
    Did you have any spinal fusion?
    Last edited by ZoŽ; 03-14-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast