Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Does Funkadelic Eat? page 2

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    oh hai
    Who invited you?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Funky starts a journal! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

3/14/2011:

Nutrition and Exercise
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:20 - A nice, warm cup of high-quality sencha.

6:50 - Went to my school's gym with my good friend, Jesse (asfjesse here on the forums). This was the first time that I've attempted to do something other than body-weight work since my accident and it went really well. I kept everything really light as I don't want to push my luck:
    • Squats - 3x12 @ 135lbs
    • Deadlifts - 3x8 @ 135lbs
    • Leg curls and extensions - 2x8 @ 190 and 205lbs, respectively
    • Calf raises - 2x12 @ 135, 190lbs
    • Hanging leg raises - 1 set to failure
    • A few other core workouts like planks and contraction holds

11:00 -About 3/5 of the following:
    • 2 lbs of 85/15 conventional ground beef (fat drained off)
    • 8 oz of pig brain
    • 4 oz of grass fed beef liver
    • 1 cup (uncooked measurement) of white rice
    • 1.3 lbs of yellow sweet potato
    • 2.33 cups of chopped carrots
    • 1.25 cups of chopped onion
    • .5 cup sauerkraut
    • 3 Tbs coconut oil
    • 1 tsp powdered kelp

The rest will be eaten later today.

Supplements: 5,000 iu D3

14:30 -Finished the remains of the above meal. SO FULL...and so good.

21:30 - 800mg Mg

Normally, on a day like this I would also eat some more meat at the end of the day, but I'm comfortably full and don't feel like anymore fuel.

So, now for the totals! Drumroll, please...

(don't mind the goal numbers, they're completely arbitrary)

HOLY JEEBUS, FUNK! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF WITH ALL OF THOSE CARBS!!! I was actually pretty surprised at the totals, but for at least a week I'm going to eat like I have been for the past month and track because I feel great. If/when I feel like changing, I might slightly lower protein and carbs while raising fat on my workout days.

Music and Ramblings
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided that each day I will link to a song I enjoy. Why? Because I'm a narcissist and I think that EVERYONE wants to know what kind of music I like.

Today's pick is pure awesome and goes out to the always lovely ZoŽ.

Waking Up From the American Dream by deadmau5

I feel this song has a fairly strong link with us primal folk, considering that a majority (or at least a fair number) of us have awoken from the "American Dream". We've realized that one-upping the Jones' will lead to a perpetually unfulfilled life and that blindly following the powers that be like a bunch of skittish sheep will lead to the stripping of our freedoms and, ultimately, our sick, broken demise. All we need is a roof over our heads, a few close friends, some good old fashioned lovin', and a juicy steak. (Oh, and some internets, of course! )
    Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 03-16-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
    And the whole world revels and rejoices with jovial cheers, the likes of which have never been seen!

Oh, it was just you, naiad? The world...naiad...same difference, right?! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    And the world revels and rejoices with jovial cheers like the world has never seen!

Oh, it was just you, naiad? The world...naiad...same difference, right?! ;D
    I AM the world....or is it I am the Walrus? I don't eat my followers though...
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    AFTER falling out of the tree, sitting down, propped up against a tree, bow destroyed, a deer came out of the brush and walked to within seven or eight yards of me. He just stood there, staring at the broken and powerless Funkadelic. SURE, he looked calm and innocent, but I could tell that deep down he was laughing his white-tailed ass off. Jerk...
    LMAO... wild animals sure can be snarky. It's like they know, and they openly mock.

Even after the incident I have no fear of trees. I fully plan to go back to hunting in stands (with increased emphasis on using a safety harness) and pursuing my lifelong passion of climbing trees.
    That's great. I'm slightly phobic about heights- or rather about falling, which keeps me from really climbing or jumping like I want to (and skating for that matter.) I think it comes down to confidence though, and confidence comes from practice. So there needs to be a lot of practice for me this summer. And yes, please wear a harness. We can't have you breaking your awesomeness again.

Love the eats, especially the pig brain. I found it to be incredibly delicious. Beef brain is delightful. I take it you have a reliable source then? I've just found mine and am looking forward to getting another bag of fresh bits.

I have no problem with hieghts. It's heights that move that creep me the fuck out. Mountains, airplanes, no problem. Skyscrapers and high trees, I'm panicking and GTFOing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tara is offline Senior Member
    Wow! You look great! I'm trying to convince my fiance to start eating primally, I should show him your pictures and hopefully he'll get motivated! So glad that you are recovering so well!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I have no problem with hieghts. It's heights that move that creep me the fuck out. Mountains, airplanes, no problem. Skyscrapers and high trees, I'm panicking and GTFOing.
    EXACTLY! OMG, ladders. Ladders are the devil.

Stable ladders, I'm fine. what scares the tar out of me is a phone pole. Going up on one of those I was damn near pissing my pants.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast