Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single digit body fat strategy page

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member

Question Single digit body fat strategy

Primal Fuel
    Hey peeps,

you know im properly primal. Fit and healthy, and I would like to reduce my BF which is currently about a healthy/stable 11% to a lower figure in a quest for more definition.

What are your recommendations? I plan to increase protein to satisfy appetite rather than eat as much excessive fat to do this. This should also boost metabolism a little more.

I think doing more fasted workout like leangains would also help, but due to work routine, I cant usually do these, however Im am doing similar leangains style fasting.

What advise would you recomend purely to reduce BF even further?

Thanks
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    I like your signature!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I think Leangains is a solid strategy to use for getting ripped. I'd recommend maybe dosing with coffee/caffeine 3 hours before and again 1 hour before your workouts. I tried this strategy and I think it does provide at least some benefit: Caffeine and Endurance

What prevents you from doing workouts fasted?

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Read The 4-Hour Body section that talks about cold showers and ice baths. I don't remember exactly where it is in the book, you could probably find an article out there on it.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    switch up eating strategies when and if you plateau too. Your body seems to adapt to certain eating habits, or at least thats what i gathered from people here and from personnel experience.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. I cant do workouts fasted like Martin says is the best strategy because I work full time and cant get to the gym uuntil the even, but I can do the skipping breakfast fast. Whats teh logic behind the caffiene?

I've read 4HB, ill check out the cold showers but again, but Im not sure if thats just to help people generally lose and whether it will help a thin guy shred the last last few percentage points. Besides I hate really cold showers.

Think a bit of caloric restriction will be needed, hopefully done through increased protein.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Wait...I thought you we're you trying to bulk up?

I get it - summer is coming so it's time to get the six pack going. The ladies like the abs.

Anyway, I find that if I stay very strict with primal eating, my bodyfat will get scary low. I actually got so lean last summer that I started eating carbs to keep from wasting away! (I know that's not a common concern here, however.)

The key to looking ripped is the combination of high muscle mass and low body fat. No matter how lean you get, you won't see much definition without the muscle mass, so keep training hard!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstareddy View Post
    Whats teh logic behind the caffiene?
    Caffeine increases lipolysis (that is usage of stored fat). So does nicotine, so coffee and smoking seem to be the healthy option

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
    Caffeine increases lipolysis (that is usage of stored fat). So does nicotine, so coffee and smoking seem to be the healthy option
    Haha, that's right! The link gives an explanation. Basically the first dose increases lipolysis (and thereby spares glycogen) and the second dose gives you extra energy to crank out more reps/higher weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    Wait...I thought you we're you trying to bulk up?
    The key to looking ripped is the combination of high muscle mass and low body fat. No matter how lean you get, you won't see much definition without the muscle mass, so keep training hard!
    Right on! For a long time I was scared to gain any weight, but at the same time always somewhat disappointed in my muscle definition. For the past couple months I've been slowly gaining weight while training hard and I'm looking better than ever!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast