Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
I agree with both of you. rockstareddy, I find it very difficult to put on mass, but I've got a reasonable amount of muscle now. I'll never be 'big' because I'm a long, lean type. However, I do know that calories have a lot to do with it. To gain I need 3500+ calories a day, every day, plus heavy weights sessions to failure, and on my paleo diet I find that pretty tough.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm destined to stay long and lean and am working on strength. If size comes, it comes. But then I turn 40 this year, so I care less than I did when I was your age
Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
I've never tried to limit my fat intake - I eat lots of fatty meats, nuts and nut-butters. I drink whole milk and other dairy products pretty regularly. I just don't eat many grains or processed crap.

If you want to make significant changes to your body, whether it be to bulk up or get cut, you need to be consistent with your diet and your training over an extended period of time without slipping up. If you aren't getting the results you want, you aren't doing what you ought to be. You need to be honest with yourself about it rather than just telling yourself you're a "genetic freak."

Having said that, I believe you that you are a genuine hard-gainer (I am one as well) but hard-gainers can still bulk up if we put forth the right effeort (I got to up 190 at my heaviest).

And if you are a hard-gainer, it shouldn't be a problem to get cut up, but it ain't gonna happen overnight and it ain't gonna happen without discipline and hard work.
Quote Originally Posted by Pandadude View Post
Sorry for being blunt I guess. If you can't put on weight when overfeeding but you don't naturally lean out, it sounds like there is something hormonally very wrong with you, or maybe you aren't applying a proper training stimulus.
Thanks for sharing guys. It will be along time no fast results, but like racing snake said, ill focus on being lean toned and fit, and if my body eventually deicdes to build up great.