Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single digit body fat strategy page 2

Primal Fuel
    Eat when your hungry, stop when your not. Eat primal foods & train to your physical capability. Simplicity is key IMO. I'm at 9%.
    -Connoisseur Guy

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I got to low 10s without even trying... just stick to the program and give it time.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    If you stick to as close to 100% compliance for a few weeks, you will lean out. You might consider a Whole30.

The Hollywood Physique is intriguing as well.

I skip breakfast everyday and cycle through ketogenic days. The leaner I get, the more starch I have to have to keep the headaches and lethargy away. I also need to EAT A LOT in my window of eating. I try to fit three meals in between 11 or noon and 8pm. Coconut oil and coconut milk are my friends. So are High intensity intervals and sprints.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    Wait...I thought you we're you trying to bulk up?

I get it - summer is coming so it's time to get the six pack going. The ladies like the abs.

Anyway, I find that if I stay very strict with primal eating, my bodyfat will get scary low. I actually got so lean last summer that I started eating carbs to keep from wasting away! (I know that's not a common concern here, however.)

The key to looking ripped is the combination of high muscle mass and low body fat. No matter how lean you get, you won't see much definition without the muscle mass, so keep training hard!
    Lol I was trying so hard to bulk up, Ive tried so many different strategies, but not succeeded, you've probably heard it all before but I'm a genetic freak. Anyway , I thought seconf best thing just be really fit and have great deffinition! So did you limit fat ntake? Im strict with primal eating everyday, the only thing I can see getting in the way is eating too calorie dense foods like nuts, oils and dairy. Sound about right? More protein less exclusive fat sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Train hard.
    IF.
    Read LeanSaloon.
    Interesting blog, follows leangains ideas, thanks
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstareddy View Post
    Lol I was trying so hard to bulk up, Ive tried so many different strategies, but not succeeded, you've probably heard it all before but I'm a genetic freak.
    No you're not, you weren't eating enough.

stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    I am kind of eying that goal as well but I am also planning on losing a bit of muscle. I am going to rely on Primal living to do most of it. I am doing some modified fasting on some days and doing a bit more endurance training (for cycling) than the average Joe. I am naturally pretty lean if I follow I good diet so I am interested to see how it turns out.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadude View Post
    dont start this again. i was eating till the point of trowing up at one point. dont tell me what I was and wasnt doing please
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for being blunt I guess. If you can't put on weight when overfeeding but you don't naturally lean out, it sounds like there is something hormonally very wrong with you, or maybe you aren't applying a proper training stimulus.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    dont start this again. i was eating till the point of trowing up at one point. dont tell me what I was and wasnt doing please
    I agree with both of you. rockstareddy, I find it very difficult to put on mass, but I've got a reasonable amount of muscle now. I'll never be 'big' because I'm a long, lean type. However, I do know that calories have a lot to do with it. To gain I need 3500+ calories a day, every day, plus heavy weights sessions to failure, and on my paleo diet I find that pretty tough.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm destined to stay long and lean and am working on strength. If size comes, it comes. But then I turn 40 this year, so I care less than I did when I was your age

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstareddy View Post
    Lol I was trying so hard to bulk up, Ive tried so many different strategies, but not succeeded, you've probably heard it all before but I'm a genetic freak. Anyway , I thought seconf best thing just be really fit and have great deffinition! So did you limit fat ntake? Im strict with primal eating everyday, the only thing I can see getting in the way is eating too calorie dense foods like nuts, oils and dairy. Sound about right? More protein less exclusive fat sources?
    I've never tried to limit my fat intake - I eat lots of fatty meats, nuts and nut-butters. I drink whole milk and other dairy products pretty regularly. I just don't eat many grains or processed crap.

If you want to make significant changes to your body, whether it be to bulk up or get cut, you need to be consistent with your diet and your training over an extended period of time without slipping up. If you aren't getting the results you want, you aren't doing what you ought to be. You need to be honest with yourself about it rather than just telling yourself you're a "genetic freak."

Having said that, I believe you that you are a genuine hard-gainer (I am one as well) but hard-gainers can still bulk up if we put forth the right effeort (I got to up 190 at my heaviest).

And if you are a hard-gainer, it shouldn't be a problem to get cut up, but it ain't gonna happen overnight and it ain't gonna happen without discipline and hard work.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast