Thread: In peace page

theone is offline Junior Member

In peace

Primal Fuel
    It just got into me, while sitting down on my computer. I feel so much in peace following this lifestyle. No gluten, dairy og grains really does wonders. Although I am not on this site to loose weight, but to gain (I do consume rice and potatoes), I am very thankful that I got the opportunity to make myself a better person. I know this is the right place for me =) Anyone else feeling me?

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Living Primal is definitely easier than the CW weight loss life I was living. Eating tiny meals 5-6 times a day, counting every calorie, running 7 miles every morning. Too damn stressful.

I've finally let go of most of that, and I've quit paying attention to calories completely and just eating as I need to. It's very peaceful.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely. And I've had other people notice it in me too. I'm the same -- still hard driving, same opinions, etc. -- but just more consistently conscious of things that make my life worth living, versus things that I can simply let go.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    It just got into me, while sitting down on my computer. I feel so much in peace following this lifestyle. No gluten, dairy og grains really does wonders. Although I am not on this site to loose weight, but to gain (I do consume rice and potatoes), I am very thankful that I got the opportunity to make myself a better person. I know this is the right place for me =) Anyone else feeling me?
    It's so funny you write this because as I was walking through TJs today I thought the same thing.

I was thinking about all of that obsessive behavior and energy I used to waste on chronic cardio, calorie counting, and checking the clock to see if I could eat again because it was a huge source of comfort for me. I would binge eat, overexercise to compensate and then under eat. I couldn't tell what my body needed.

I was thinking about all of the IBS, diabetes, and heart disease in my family and how last year at this time I was dealing with pre-diabetes, PCOS, and IBS all at the age of 26.
    It's all gone now and I'm as lean as I've ever been, endless energy and no longer need to carry a snack with me for fear of a hypoglycemic fall out. I LOVE listening to my body now. Rest, play, dance, run, eat some fat, protein....whatever. I am so very grateful for PB, Mark, Robb and all of the people in this community. Truly amazing what a year can bring.
    In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus