Thread: New to the PB lifestyle... page

JLHDU is offline Junior Member

Wink New to the PB lifestyle...

Primal Fuel
    Hi all...I'm transitioning to a new life, a life without the breads. Quite a process though. I was 255lbs (6'1") back at the end of Oct 2010. I am now 196lbs and hoping for lower.

I started this transition on something called "Medifast" (I've read ALOT about the whole soy thing, and atleast this gave me an opportunity to get started heading in the right direction). Some of you may have heard of it. It definately works...if you follow it. I felt great and it definatley helped me open my eyes to all the crap I've been eating for 35 years. As of late I'm trying to get off of the shakes, bars, etc they have in the program and go solo on the PB lifestyle. It makes sense in soooo many ways.

A buddy introduced me to the website and once I started reading the posts...I had to buy the book...Then I couldn't put it down. I found Chapter 8 the most meaningful...mostly because it described alot of what I didn't want and alot of what I was trying to achieve. The PB cookbook has things that are not only easy but taste great...although, this is a process, there are still a few things I have reservations over. Everywhere I go (restaurants and food stores) I find myself OVER-analyzing everything. It can be tough to navigate the menus, especially when often 95% of the food is off limits because you know how it will make you feel (high sugar/carbs) twenty minutes later...or you shouldn't have even stepped foot into the place in the first place (my old favorite place was the "Hot Dog Shoppe" on the west side of Warren, Ohio.

Thanks Mark for this website and as I transition to this healthier and more active life, I appreciate every moment much more!

-JLHDU

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forums. I think you'll find you're among a community who have or have had many of the same thoughts you just expressed. In the end, we generally find that we are each an experiment of one (n=1), because we come from different backgrounds AND because we each arrived at a different level of damage from our prior way of eating (WOE). So experiment and note what works for you.

And we're always here ....

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome JLHDU! Good luck with primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

JLHDU is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    Welcome to the forums. I think you'll find you're among a community who have or have had many of the same thoughts you just expressed. In the end, we generally find that we are each an experiment of one (n=1), because we come from different backgrounds AND because we each arrived at a different level of damage from our prior way of eating (WOE). So experiment and note what works for you.

And we're always here ....

Thanks for your encouragement...I'm lookinf forward to everyones input and varying approaches.

-J