Thread: In-depth intro page

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member

In-depth intro

Shop Now
    I figured I'd post a bit more about myself, other than what's covered in the sticky above.

So... I'm Heather, 24 y/o former Navy Brat. I was born in Florida, grew up all over the US (New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Washington, South Carolina...) and now live in England working for the ambulance service. I love to travel, and am slowly working my way through Europe.

I like:

-Nutrition and cooking (with a primal/paleo slant of course)
    -Art (I write, act, sing, paint, craft, etc. and I'm into films, books, music, exhibits, museums etc)
    -Natural living (explaining that could be a post in itself so take it as what you will)
    -Design and fashion, with an emphasis on mid-century mod
    -Helping people, whether in my line of work or in my personal life
    -Making people laugh

I dislike:

-Not getting enough sleep (I'm a 10 hour a night girl, if given the opportunity)
    -Having my time wasted
    -My calves (they are solid slabs of muscle which actually scare most people. They are 17" in diameter. Look cool, but impossible to find boots that fit.)
    -Being a sugar junkie

Some personal things:
    -I'm recovered EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified)
    -I beat cervical cancer
    -I'm Christian; it's a big part of my identity and I welcome discussion on it, and respect everyone's freedom of choice on the matter of religion.

Some silly things:
    -I've been reading and lurking on MDA for several years
    -I've been through most natural disasters (earthquake, flood, forest fire, tornado, blizzard...)
    -I don't have a computer at home so I'm only on MDA at work

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    ooooh, mid-century mod. Dad and I went to an exhibition of MCM stuff for sale . . . I have never seen more stuff that I wanted to own in one place in all my life. Next time I go, I will have a BUDGET.

Great work beating cancer! Woohoo!!

Newtoitall is offline Member
    Hi Heather im not sure if you saw a previous reply to you from me Im a Newcastle lass too but was born in Gateshead and have retired from nursing in Gateshead last July Ive been Primal since january and loving it! xx

AllatSea is offline Junior Member
    +1 for the Primal Geordies!

LOL N im actually a Tynesider not a Geordie as I was born south of the River Tyne!

Dee

Uggla is offline Junior Member
    "-I beat cervical cancer"

Me too! I was early stage three. Next year I will have been in remission for 10 years now. How long have you been?

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the replies, all! and dee- I left you a comment on your page!

Uggla, I've been cancer-free for just over 6 years! I was diagnosed a month after my 19th birthday, luckliy because i'd been vigilant about yearly screenings I was in an early stage. I'm so glad to hear you're nearing the 10 year mark, that's awesome!!

Uggla is offline Junior Member
    Good you found it in time. More women should be screened regularly. I too was diagnosed at a very young age. Although I was 22 almost 23 when mine was found.

I am lucky, I was moving up in stages. A friend of mine cought her cancer in the same stage as me and she has now passed away. Cancer is a scary thing.

It's nice to meet others who have beat such a horrid thing. Others you can relate too.

Hi Heather I replied to you about where I shop etc..have you seen that?? xx