Thread: First Primal Workouts page

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member

First Primal Workouts

Hey all! I've been eating primal for a month or so now and increased my walking, but after a conversation with my mum(who is also primal) We decided the only thing that was going to get rid of the smal lamount of fat on my belly was more workouts. Because I live in England and my walking/sprinting area is on a river bank, It's still kinda muddy at the moment so I won't be sprinting much for another month or so! It's also very prone to cold, windy weather right now that yu just don't feel any motivation for going out in. Soo I've made up a few workouts I can do inside, I'd like to know if any of you could offer some improvements!
    For a bit of background info, I'm 18, 5'3", and today I'm...97lbs..Though I've just had dinner xD(You can probably gather that I'm not here to lose weight, but to stop everyone asking if I have an eating disorder!) And the Dvd I mention is '10minute solution - Blast off Belly Fat'. For those of you unfamiliar with the 10 minute DVD series, on each DVD there are 5 10 minute workouts that you can choose individually to mix and match your own workout for however long you want.. They're epic and I thoroughly recommend them!

Workout 1
    Pushups x10, squats x10, overhead press x10, squats x10, pushups x10, DVD x20mins, pushups x10.

Workout 2
    Situps x10, pushups x10, squats x10, situps x10, overhead press x10, pushups x10, situps x10, squats x10, pushups x10.

Workout 3
    DVD x20mins, squats x10, situps x10, overhead press x10, squats x10, pushups x10, situps x10, overhead press x10, pushups x10.

Workout 4
    Lift weights squata x10, situps x10, squats x10, overhead press x10, weights x10, pushups x10, situps x10, squats x10,

I relaise this must seem like something a lot of you could do in your sleep, but I'm tiny, give me a break xD I'm trying to focus on my arms and my abs, as my legs are already strong. My arms.. well my boyfriend can touch his fingers around my bicep... -_- There's really NOTHING there. I did workout 3 before dinner and it's the first time I've sweat during an exercise since PE at school! Obviously as I improve I'll up the reps to 15 and so on... What do you think?
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Looks pretty good - I'd just suggest you add in some 'pull' movements. Your current programme is very 'push' dominant. Some australian pull ups and high pulls would work well.

Thank you! There's nothing at the moment I can pull on, but I think my mum was looking for a pullup bar, I'll try and get her to buy one!

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieKitten View Post
    Thank you! There's nothing at the moment I can pull on, but I think my mum was looking for a pullup bar, I'll try and get her to buy one!
    Would be a great addition to your home gym!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wahaey, One's been ordered and should be here by the time I get back from my boyfriends next week ^_^ I'm sure I'll be sweating off all the grins I eat there! xD