Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excellent Circuit to Lean Out page

PMAC is offline Member

Excellent Circuit to Lean Out

Shop Now
    I started this, The Spartacus Workout: Spartacus Challenge several weeks ago. I do heavier DB and BW work MWF and started doing this on T&TH. I did scale it back to doing 45 second intervals with 15 sec rest and very light weight and do two rounds. The Winter 10lbs is Gone! So if you are looking for a way to lean out I highly recommend trying it. Minimal equipment needed however, I do recommend a gymboss interval timer.

Nethru is offline Member
    Yes the Spartacus workout is a pretty good full body circuit training workout and will lean you out if you do it 2-3xWeek. Gets that heart pumping! The show is very good to!

This isn't the workout the guys used to get in shape for the show just something they put together for mens health for the audiance.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I would like to get my hands on the one they actually did, once I can get through the one posted online at military.com. I am not yet strong enough to get through most of it. Its not easy. I am using another workout to build up to it.

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the link! this is awesome... definitely going to give it a shot... little by little...

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethru View Post
    This isn't the workout the guys used to get in shape for the show just something they put together for mens health for the audiance.
    Perhaps not exactly, but the video of the three actors show them doing a lot of the same movements, so the Spartacus Challenge should be a pretty close approximation.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I printed this out with the pics and was able to get through one whole round just now so I am pretty happy. It was tough and my legs felt like they were going to buckle when I got done. I had the hardest time with the push up weight twist thing. It was hurting my hands so bad with all of my weight leaning on the dumbbell (even with gloves on). I was able to do it without the weights though.

I am hoping that next week I can go a whole two rounds.

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    Wow

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Loved the Spartacus series!

Blood and Sand gladiator camp

Gods of the Arena training

iniQuity is online now Senior Member
    Interesting, kinda reminds me a bit of the circuits we'd do in muaythai only the time was longer 3 mins per station rather than 1 minute but it was half the amount of things. I think I'll do this tonight and report back! I need something for a day when I don't do sprints. I also need to do more leg work and this assesses that.

Neilfenstein is offline Member
    I have done this routine before and I have posted it on the SimplFit forum but not here! I have only done 1 round but full time and weight and it really pushed me!!

I have a question though! I do simplefit 3x a week M, W and F do you think I could do this inbetween on a Tuesday as my sprints session and not ruin my rest recovery pattern for SimpleFit? I currently don't have a sprint session in my regime and wanted to add the Spartacus workout but was worried it would negatively effect my SimpleFit.

I might just give it a go with light weights and see how it goes!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast