Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite pancake recipe? page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

What is your favorite pancake recipe?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just wondering, what is your favorite primal pancake recipe? I've made soooo many, but I haven't settled on a single one that stands out as the best IMO.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Iv'e only made two recipes so far, but me and my GF love the coconut pancakes. I would just want a good substitute for the maple syrup. Were going to try stevia after the gym today. Maybe a stevia/maple syrup mix.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBerserker View Post
    Iv'e only made two recipes so far, but me and my GF love the coconut pancakes. I would just want a good substitute for the maple syrup. Were going to try stevia after the gym today. Maybe a stevia/maple syrup mix.
    FYI, I make my own sugar-free maple syrup: Stuff I Cook for my Husband: Sugar-free maple syrup

I use erythritol but you could sub stevia...

Which coconut flour pancake recipe do you use? I like this one: Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes | Comfy Belly
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Let me know when you find a good syrup sub... butter is yummy but I like to have a little sweetness on my pancakes - maybe some fresh berries and coconut milk?

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Batty's blueberry butter balls could be a candidate: just stop after everything's combined (i.e. don't form them into balls).

EDIT: just to be clear, that's for the sweet topping, and not a candidate for favourite pancake recipe

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My favorite tastes almost exactly like banana nut bread and are just as good, if not better, cold. It's a very loose adaptation of another one I saw on the site.
    Banana nut pancakes
    all units are approximate and eyeballed
    1 banana
    4 eggs
    1 cup pecan/ amond/ walnut/ nut flour (I use pecan because I'm a pecan fiend)
    1 tbsp coconut milk
    Mash that all together. Add cinnamon and chocolate if desired. Fry in butter. top with whipped heaven or sauteed strawberries.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    So i messed up epically on my pancake post. The recipe did not call for maple syrup it called for honey and it was only a 1/2 teaspoon or whatever (it was in the primal cookbook). It was such a small amount that i don't mind using it at all. I did add extra stevia though and made a mashed strawberry/ banana/coconut milk/finely shredded coconut flakes topping. For those of you who haven't made the recipe in the primal cookbook (i ordered it from mark, but i think you can find it for free on this site), do so, they are delicious and me and my GF maintain that they are better than normal pancakes.

keljl+2 is offline Junior Member
    So funny, I just sat down with my morning tea of pancakes to look at the forum...
    So, the recipe I used today (and my favorite) is:

1 small or 1/2 lge banana, mashed
    1 egg
    1 Tbsp almond butter
    4 tsp almond flour / ground almonds
    plus just a little bit of water till it's fairly runny

Cook in coconut oil.

I am having them with berry 'jam' (just frozen mixed berries cooked in microwave til reduced & thick) and cocunut milk - YUMMM

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Acai Bowl & Gluten Free Griddle Cakes (2) | Guided By Spirit… <--my blog. in all fairness i created this and posted it way before i went Primal but it's easily tweakable (i.e.-don't use the raspberry preserves, etc) i have a sh*t ton of recipes (waffles, pancakes, etc) that i will be publishing... Cinnamon Apple Spiced Waffles, Chocolate Protein Waffles, Chai Spiced Griddle Cakes, etc etc.

keep an eye out--i'll try to publish the recipes in the next week or so...

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Batty's blueberry butter balls could be a candidate: just stop after everything's combined (i.e. don't form them into balls).

EDIT: just to be clear, that's for the sweet topping, and not a candidate for favourite pancake recipe
    This made me giggle "Oh I loooove blueberry pancakes! To make them primal, I just replace the flour, eggs, milk, oil, and baking soda with butter. Best blueberry pancakes I've ever had!!"
    My primal success story

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast