Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite pancake recipe?

What is your favorite pancake recipe?

Shop Now
    Just wondering, what is your favorite primal pancake recipe? I've made soooo many, but I haven't settled on a single one that stands out as the best IMO.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Iv'e only made two recipes so far, but me and my GF love the coconut pancakes. I would just want a good substitute for the maple syrup. Were going to try stevia after the gym today. Maybe a stevia/maple syrup mix.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBerserker View Post
    Iv'e only made two recipes so far, but me and my GF love the coconut pancakes. I would just want a good substitute for the maple syrup. Were going to try stevia after the gym today. Maybe a stevia/maple syrup mix.
    FYI, I make my own sugar-free maple syrup: Stuff I Cook for my Husband: Sugar-free maple syrup

I use erythritol but you could sub stevia...

Which coconut flour pancake recipe do you use? I like this one: Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes | Comfy Belly
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Let me know when you find a good syrup sub... butter is yummy but I like to have a little sweetness on my pancakes - maybe some fresh berries and coconut milk?

Batty's blueberry butter balls could be a candidate: just stop after everything's combined (i.e. don't form them into balls).

EDIT: just to be clear, that's for the sweet topping, and not a candidate for favourite pancake recipe

My favorite tastes almost exactly like banana nut bread and are just as good, if not better, cold. It's a very loose adaptation of another one I saw on the site.
    Banana nut pancakes
    all units are approximate and eyeballed
    1 banana
    4 eggs
    1 cup pecan/ amond/ walnut/ nut flour (I use pecan because I'm a pecan fiend)
    1 tbsp coconut milk
    Mash that all together. Add cinnamon and chocolate if desired. Fry in butter. top with whipped heaven or sauteed strawberries.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

So i messed up epically on my pancake post. The recipe did not call for maple syrup it called for honey and it was only a 1/2 teaspoon or whatever (it was in the primal cookbook). It was such a small amount that i don't mind using it at all. I did add extra stevia though and made a mashed strawberry/ banana/coconut milk/finely shredded coconut flakes topping. For those of you who haven't made the recipe in the primal cookbook (i ordered it from mark, but i think you can find it for free on this site), do so, they are delicious and me and my GF maintain that they are better than normal pancakes.

So funny, I just sat down with my morning tea of pancakes to look at the forum...
    So, the recipe I used today (and my favorite) is:

1 small or 1/2 lge banana, mashed
    1 egg
    1 Tbsp almond butter
    4 tsp almond flour / ground almonds
    plus just a little bit of water till it's fairly runny

Cook in coconut oil.

I am having them with berry 'jam' (just frozen mixed berries cooked in microwave til reduced & thick) and cocunut milk - YUMMM

Acai Bowl & Gluten Free Griddle Cakes (2) | Guided By Spirit… <--my blog. in all fairness i created this and posted it way before i went Primal but it's easily tweakable (i.e.-don't use the raspberry preserves, etc) i have a sh*t ton of recipes (waffles, pancakes, etc) that i will be publishing... Cinnamon Apple Spiced Waffles, Chocolate Protein Waffles, Chai Spiced Griddle Cakes, etc etc.

keep an eye out--i'll try to publish the recipes in the next week or so...

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Batty's blueberry butter balls could be a candidate: just stop after everything's combined (i.e. don't form them into balls).

EDIT: just to be clear, that's for the sweet topping, and not a candidate for favourite pancake recipe
    This made me giggle "Oh I loooove blueberry pancakes! To make them primal, I just replace the flour, eggs, milk, oil, and baking soda with butter. Best blueberry pancakes I've ever had!!"
    My primal success story