Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to be break the rules of Blue Print! But Just for a while... page

carlosh Guest

Hello Everyone,

I am Carlos and I'm a brasilian guy who is a great reader of the blog and articles. Really are very instructive.

Now I have a doubt in my food and I need your help. I got to weigh 71kg to about 3 months ago with 10% BF. Now, after follow de BP method, I'm 67kg weight with virtually 0% BF. In other words, have the abdomen is extremely clear that I am well pleased.

But now I want to get a body volume. And for this I believe the only way is with the glycogen. I began to try many carbohydrates but respecting the rules grok. To give you an idea, I'm eating about 14 apples in a day, 1 kg of chicken and 16 eggs per day (now I found out that I'm allergic to eggs and had to cut them)

Well, as you might expect, I can not eat too many carbohydrates with the rules grok. So this diet is not useful for my purpose today

So here I want your help. What do you think of me? Because I'm want now be opposite off BP (but just for a while). In my case, you think I can eat grains? What carbohydrates you indicate? And I must give priority to the glycemic index or it if the food is industrialized?

Let me cite some examples of carbohydrates that I have in mind:

Milk, Oatmeal, Whole wheat bread, Banana, pasta (I now that white bread and white rice are realy bad, and don't have nothing to good for me)

And also like you to make a special note on the maltodrextina (carbohydrate glycemic index of 95)

As there was a decrease of glycogen during training, what you think of drinking after workouts?

And so to finish, I can tell you that I am the most disciplined guy I know. I really want that many carbohydrate diet only to increase my body volume. When I reach the point that I want, I'll go to eat carbohydrates and fats in order to maintain weight.

NOTE: I have a hard workout with weights 5 days a week

pesquisar

Thanks,

Carlos

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I really see no value of choosing poor foods to achieve some sort of body image. Of course it's your body and your choice, so do what you want. I just don't get the point.

Tarlach is offline Member

You don't need carbs to increase muscle mass. Fat gives you everything you need to build muscle.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

juca Guest

[portuguese on]

Carlos, pelo que eu saiba, não há necessidade de ingestão de carboidratos para a produção de glicogênio. Parece-me que o corpo produz glicogênio por um processo chamado gliconeogênese; neste processo, creio que o corpo usa proteínas ou gorduras.

O consumo de proteínas é que é essencial para o aumento da massa muscular, e não carboidratos.

Vick is offline Senior Member

I know... people really hate my message. Lay off the 5 days a week training.

Eat good foods. Rest. Use HIT. Why is it that everyone tends to accept moderation is good... except when it comes to training?

Lift more in weight... lift less in frequency.

Relax... with that body you should be in bars letting the opposite sex chase you not in the gym showing off for the mirror.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

If you're in perfect shape and want to bulk, I say have lots of carbs - but only post workout. It's going to help you a lot in gaining the mass.

Check this out, under "High Carb PWO-Why"

http://robbwolf.com/?p=634

Better carbohydrates choices would be sweet potatoes, yams, yucas (mandioca, in Portuguese) etc. because they're full of nutrients, especially potassium. Stay away from all grains.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

BigBeck89 Guest

eat primal carbs. fruits like berries and bananas and sweet potatoes etc.

if you really wanted to having milk postworkout would give u plenty of carbs. u don&#39;t need to go back to grains necessarily

but i agree with trying to get more carbs

carlosh Guest

Thanks to everyone who commented

I think I&#39;ll get the carbohydrates from sweet potatoes, apples, bananas. Without eat grains.

Also the high carb pos-workout

What do you think about try milk? Because milk insn&#39;t a grain...

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Milk is good, but go for full-fat!

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Am I the only one wondering if they have trolls in Brazil?

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast