Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you get sick after "cheating"? page

How many of you get sick after "cheating"?

Primal Fuel
    I have been eating primal for about 9 months. I started out real slow eating more like 60% primal 40% conventional. Over the 9 months I have gotten more and more into it because of how right it feels! I love it. I am now more like 90% primal 10% not.

But an unusual thing has begun to happen. Every time I "cheat" I pay. My allergies kick in big time or I get the start of a cold, (which I kick right away) or something like that. It is amazing how much eating grains or sugar lowers my immune system! I mean BIG TIME. Is this normal or am I particularly blessed with a built in governor?

Thank you for any tips you can give me too.
    Dana Zia

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    My hands swell up if I eat grains, or at least wheat. I had one wheat cheat and one accidental wheating and after each one I had a hard time getting my wedding ring off.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I eat some corn (tortillas) and I get really bloated. Great incentive not to cheat!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I pay, alright....
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Laurel730 is offline Member
    I have started to get bad allergies, sneezing and a really really irritated nose, bloating, hives, and the worst being light headedness.

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    I had 3 fish tacos from Rubio's yesterday and I felt sick to my stomach afterward. I think I always felt like that after eating crap, I was just so used to feeling that way that I didn't really notice it. I also discovered that I don't even like those tacos anymore yesterday. Ugh never again. "Great incentive not to cheat" indeed!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavewoman cafe View Post
    IBut an unusual thing has begun to happen. Every time I "cheat" I pay. My allergies kick in big time or I get the start of a cold, (which I kick right away) or something like that. It is amazing how much eating grains or sugar lowers my immune system! I mean BIG TIME. Is this normal or am I particularly blessed with a built in governor?
    This is normal, and it's why you should not cheat. Humans are not designed to eat grains or sugar, point-blank and period.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    there's a little bit of digestive ickiness if i eat gluten, so if i "cheat" it will be something that causes no problem, like a gluten free ice cream cone stuffed with a modest amount of organic ice cream (a whopping 30g carbs total, and technically grain free as the cones are made of tapioca and potato starches). very few available "cheats" are worth even a little discomfort considering the bounty of yumminess that causes no issue.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Almost of my cheats have ended up sending me to the bathroom. I have learned to fear cheats now.

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    YES, this is why I don't cheat anymore with soy, corn, legumes, vegetable oils, or wheat (yes, occasionally I have rice at an asian restaurant - but by occasionally I mean once every three months)
    It's funny because someone recently mentioned that we'd have to go out for my birthday and "Well, of course you'll let go of primal for that, right?" At first I was thought, "YEAH, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" but then I realized cheating would completely ruin my birthday, and why would I want to do that? Griff is right, humans are not designed to eat it.
    It is no longer a cheat, it is preventing myself from a family history of colon cancer, depression, etc. For the first time in my life, I am succeeding in something - strongly, without a plethora of medical problems.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast