Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you get sick after "cheating"? page 2

tpsky is offline Junior Member
    My hands swell up if I eat grains, or at least wheat. I had one wheat cheat and one accidental wheating and after each one I had a hard time getting my wedding ring off.

randallfloyd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    This is normal, and it's why you should not cheat. Humans are not designed to eat grains or sugar, point-blank and period.
    Perhaps, but it's up to the individual and how strict they are. I think that 'cheating' can be actually be pretty healthy, as long as you're smart with it (healthy cheats made with PB friendly foods. i.e. cookies from Elana's Pantry. Not pizza and a Mars bar). Dark chocolate tastes good. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to enjoy it because of a little sugar. Think of all the potent anti-oxidants your getting instead. I'll probably get grilled for this post, but I think that there's no point being here if we're just trying to extend our lives whilst forgoing some of the sweetest, tastiest foods that are available*. That's no way to live.

*Tasty meat and veggies should make up at least 75% of a healthy diet.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randallfloyd View Post
    Perhaps, but it's up to the individual and how strict they are. I think that 'cheating' can be actually be pretty healthy, as long as you're smart with it (healthy cheats made with PB friendly foods. i.e. cookies from Elana's Pantry. Not pizza and a Mars bar). Dark chocolate tastes good. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to enjoy it because of a little sugar. Think of all the potent anti-oxidants your getting instead. I'll probably get grilled for this post, but I think that there's no point being here if we're just trying to extend our lives whilst forgoing some of the sweetest, tastiest foods that are available*. That's no way to live.

*Tasty meat and veggies should make up at least 75% of a healthy diet.

I agree. I enjoy a bit of dark chocolate, a small amount of organic preserves now and then. I don't cheat with rice, corn, potatoes or any grains. People need to remember that everyone ended up here for different reasons. Some were relatively healthy but a lot of us have health issues that were limiting our ability to eat many SAD foods anyhow. If I cheated with grains or starches I would be so sick for a couple of days that I would barely be able to get out of bed.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    I definately pay. If ever I have pasta I have to lie down for an hour because my stomach plays up so bad I can't even stand up. I only drink water or milk now, but yesterday we got a couple of small bottles of tropicana on the doorstep, I had the smooth one and WOAH. Sugar rush!! Luckily I crashed around the same time I was planning on going to bed! xD
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

daveyace is offline Member
    its just that your body is not used to processed foods and has become accustomed to what it wants and needs. If you want to eat things that aren't as natural then you could wean your self on to it by having small snacks every now and then

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Thank God that I have learned to associate sugary/gluten foods with misery. I don't even like to look at them now.

lunadam is offline Member
    Yup! Runny nose, sneezing, bloating and fun bathroom times. Hoorah for grains and sugar!

theholla is offline Senior Member
    It depends - there are things I can eat no problem (the occasional ear of corn, small quantities of well-cooked beans, a couple bites of flour-less cheesecake), and things that will make my body rebel (beer, wheat, stuff that's been fried in industrial oils, any more than just a little sugar).

So, I'm far more likely to "cheat" with the things I've learned my body can tolerate, while I'm barely even tempted by the other stuff anymore.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I don't get sick or anything, but man my gut and ummm... associated functions... certainly notice if I eat grains. I also feel a bit more sluggish and definitely bloated for about 12 hours after.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

David_DC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    haven't gotten sick. Mostly just a little sluggish and bloated feeling for a day after. Other than that no real issues. But I haven't had any major binges either. A few slices of pizza, a few tacos, etc. they aren't all day type binges. Just an item or two during one meal.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast