Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Maranne:) page

maranne is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal Maranne:)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

In order to help me on my journey I decided to start a journal on here as well. There are many thoughts going through my head ranging from wanting to succeed to being afraid to make a fool of myself etc.

Anyway, let's get right into and see what happens

by the way....any comments are welcome.

M x

Day 1

B: warm lemon water, 1 slice of bacon, 1 fried egg in coconut oil

S:1 pear, 1 cup of tea with a splash of milk

L: 2 cups lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, chicken breast, avocado, olive oil and a bit of balsamico.

6 macademia nuts

D; to be decided yet

I am trying to lose some weight hence staying under 100 net carbs if possible. I am also drastically reducing my dairy intake.

M x

Jedi is offline Member

Just want to say good lck on your journaling and primal journey

Miriam Guest

Good luck Maranne, looks good so far, so what have you decided to have for dinner?

prairiegirl Guest

Its great to see another grokette journal - I find it helpful to compare intake with other women.

It looks like you eat very similarly to me . I look forward to reading more!

Thank you ladies! I thought it was about time to get more female input in this seemingly Alpha dominated primal lifestyle?

I am not sure about dinner yet since I have to go out tonight. Hopefully something along the lines of eggs, meat etc.

I also wanted to add that I walk everywhere which is my prime exercise. I walk to work and inside my school as well all day. I want to get back into resistance training which I gave up a while back due to my change in circumstances. We will see.

One of my other goals is to be kinder to myself and to go with the flow rather than beating myself up all the time about unrealistic targets.

Stress reducing is another one of those things I want to conquer in the near future!

Thanks again for your support!

M x

maba is offline Senior Member

I usually have eggs for breakfast but this morning I made an Indian-style pilaf called Upma with Quinoa (not primal) for my non-primal vegetarian husband and decided to have the same. For lunch, 3 pieces of baked cod-marinated-with-parsley-cumin-garlic-paste topped w/ lemon slices. I also packed a small salad with a drizzle of olive oil, dash pepper and thick slice of Chevre, but I feel full and may have it later as a snack. For dinner, I plan to make goat curry. Will add some veggies to make it soup-like. Strawberries for snack/dessert.

harleysgirl Guest

Best of luck Maranne -- it is great to hear from another grokette.

I was wondering if you felt full after breakfast? My breakfasts seem to be either too little or too much. I haven't found a good balance yet.

Cheers, Conny

Riceball Guest

good luck girl!

actually, u don't need the luck at all, cuz you already have the knowledge of eating healthy.=D

u just need a little focus (which I lack of sometimes) during shopping...^^"

@harleysgirl...I am a bit undecided when it comes to breakfast at the moment. I used to be an avid muesli eater and I do miss it. I have no set routine at the mo, but usually have an egg, maybe some bacon and a bit of fruit or just leave it out. Somehow it doesn't seem to make a difference to my energy levels solely based on that one meal in the morning.

I ate out at a restaurant tonight and I had grilled steak and a few fries. I know, I know.....those damn fries! All in all the fat/protein/carb ratio is good and I am amazed how much I ate today. I really really felt the need to eat.

Let's see what tomorrow brings

M x

B: warm lemon water, 1 slice of bacon, 1 boiled egg

S:1 peach and a few strawberries, blueberries and cherries

L:1 cup lettuce, peppers,2 boiled eggs, avocado, olive oil, majo and some coconut flakes

S: 1 black tea with milk, tiny frue cheescake (40 g) and I know it is not primal

D: planning to have some stir fry beef with peppers and broccoli

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast