Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Maranne:) page 3

maranne is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

There we go again, another week has gone by in a moment.

I have a lot of stress at work at the moment, trying to juggle finding a new job in another country, dealing with emotional issues at home and the silly weather here in the UK.

My eating has been very good and I am getting the hang of it now. I read all your posts every day and it really helps me on my path! Thanks so much everyone.

I decided to order PB last week and I am excited to get my hands on it. Like PrimalRenata I am on a pretty tight budget, so even making the decision to buy a book can sometimes be major! I won't regret it though...I just know!

I made lovely chicken thighs wrapped in bacon with a green salad and some melon last night. YUM! I have not had any grains, sugar or any other primal "evils" for some time and I feel great!

Sending everyone good vibes!

M x

Miriam Guest

Yay your back! Good to see your eating well. Your chicken thighs sound really good, another thing to add to my list of things to cook!

Seems I enjoy reading so much more than typing on here..! Bad bad bad journal person that I am!!

I am in my last week at schook here in the UK and there is so much going on. Lots of stress regarding my move back to Austria, my partner not being able to join me right away, not having a job yet etc. Although I am trying not to worry unnecessarily, I do have a tendency to do so. I am staying positive because life has showed me that things usually work themselves out.

Motto for now "Do not get upset about things you cannot change".

Foodwise I have been great last week and this week. I still follow the 20/80 rule and it seems to work fine. I feel healthy and keeping my ratios to about 65/25/10 on a good day.

Once my move has completed I will start exercising more. At the moment I am walking a lot and that's it really.

M x

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Reminds me of a phrase a co-worker always tells me.

"Frustration is a losing battle."

Today was my last day at school aka work. I handed in my notice today after having been emotionally blackmailed by my boss. I am glad it is done and I am still waiting for the realization to hit me that I am now without a job! Hmm.....security is a strange thing.

I am happy though and the next step is enjoying 3 weeks of packing, getting organized with my move and to spend the little I have sensibly.

I have been ok foodwise but not perfect. I am doing what I can at the moment and that has to be good enough.

I just wish the rain would stop and bring me some sunshine.

To anyone who reads this....good vibes and a smile from the UK.

M x

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Your boss doesn't sound very nice. Good to be rid of that situation. How exciting to be starting the next chapter of your life!

Perhaps it is time to revive my old thread a little?
    I have been back to Austria for more than 2 years now and slowly slipped back into CW habits, due to living in a bread and pastry culture. Having to live with my family again and not having control over what is bought etc. I simply gave in.

I moved to my own flat in December and last Wednesday just had enough. I have been eating Primal since then and it makes me feel better already.
    I am using fitday to track the macros therefore won´t probably write it all down here. We will see!

I tried out a new recipe called ORANGE POUND CAKE and I have to say it looked great but tasted awful..lol...like a form of custard...I think I will either have to give up making primal cakes or find it in myself to forgo the sugar etc. in them.
    M
    Coconut-Orange Pound Cake Recipe | This Primal Life

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Maranne - Marianne,

I thought your title said Maranne but that you told me it was Marianne. Either way, it's a beautiful name.

Well, I for one am glad you are back in Österreich. Gosh, I remember it so well and it was so long ago. I used to go outside of the city to this riding school and take lessons, and I walked by the Stephansdom every day and knew a gifted organist who was allowed to play there. I stayed with a lady who made the BEST pastries I've ever had in my life -- every morning. I gained 25 pounds that summer. I mean, she fed us! I think, and I forget the exact name, my favorite was Aprikosenknödeln. Oh, man, I can still taste it.

So, you're back in Österreich and doing your job and your partner made it, I'm hoping, and you're back on primal, and it's going to be harder for you than anyone else on the forum because Austrian bread and pastries just can't be beat, IMHO.

Do you still read Reclambücher? I remember reading an absolute ton of those. They are so perfect for carrying around. And the price was definitely right.

Es freut mich so, daß Sie wieder hier sind. Bis sehr bald. Pamela

Hi Pam,
    thanks for taking the time to post!
    It is true that bread and pastries are exceptionally good over here and it sometimes seems almost impossible NOT to eat any grains. What you described are Marillenknödel...yum! But so not primal I am afraid!
    My strategy is to have a piece of cake once in a while but trying to forgo grains on a daily basis. I am not as strict as most people are anymore because I cannot stick with it.
    Reclambücher remind me of my time at school and interestingly enough I tend to live this pseudo English life over here now,i.e. reading English books and watching English telly

I hope all is well at your end Pam!
    M x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast