Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Maranne:) page 2

maranne is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I had a good day, mentally and physically. More energy and less tired! Not as hungry as yesterday either.

I have not started on an exercise programm per se yet. I do walk a lot. Every day to work and back and then all day within the building. I am praying that means something...hehe...

B: warm lemon water, 1 slice of bacon, 1 boiled egg

S:1 peach

L:1 cup lettuce, 1 tuna-egg-mix, 1 tea with a splash of cream

S: 1 black tea with a splach of cream, some cherries

D: salmon with lettuce and a bit of pineapple salsa

Since it is Friday I have decided to let loose a bit which led me down the path of carbs...it all started so innocently this morning and then....

B: lemon water, cup of tea, 1 egg, 2 bacon rashers

S: a few cherries, a few strawberries and blueberries

L: left over salsa with tuna and lettuce

S: here we go...cream slice, scone and tea

D: small portion of Red Thai beef curry+rice, 1 pimms cocktail

I don't feel too bad since my carbs are not over the moon and I know tomorrow is another day.

M x

Miriam Guest

Maranne, I used to have the same way of thinking “because it’s Friday” but it used to make me overindulge, now Friday is just like every other day and it has helped me stick to being primal.

By the way walking everywhere is great and my preferred form of cardio and I am a huge believer in incidental exercise and think this does make a difference (just look at the people around you who don’t move a lot during the day and see what they’re bodies are like).

Thanks Miriam! I know...that damn Friday mentality! I have only slipped into it in the last few years after having given up my freelance life and settling into a 9-5 routine in a job I now dislike, with too many boundaries etc. I can see that it is detrimental to my health in many aspects.

I am planning to return to my home country in the summer, change job direction, get a new place in the winter and take my lovely partner with me. So all is set into motion and hopefully things will get better.

I am not unhappy with my body as such but age does take its toll and I would like to be a bit leaner. Perhaps it is more on my mind because summer is almost here and the clothes are shed in favour of more skin.

One great thing about primal eating has to be my non existent migraines! What a relief that is I cannot begin to say. We will see if it stays that way.

M x

Hi everyone who is bothering reading this..

It has been a few days since my last post.

I have had a lot of stress at work and I could not find the time and energy to write all my meals down. Most of them were primal and in times of stress I like to apply the 20/80 rule....my carbs have been low to moderate and I am quite happy with it all in all.

I am in the process of organizing my return to Austria and there is a lot going on in terms of change, so bear with me if I don't post regularly.

Thanks

M x

Miriam Guest

Good luck with your move Maranne, it will be hectic for you but stick with being primal and try and not get too stressed, its not good for you. I used to get really stressed at work but now think what’s the hurry, it will get done when it gets done with less mistakes because I am calm, this mentality has worked really well for me.

sbhar is offline Junior Member

What's up with the warm lemon water?

Also, I think one thing lacking in your diet is fermented foods.

Good luck.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Maranne, I'm reading :-) Good luck with your Austria move.

Thanks everyone!

I am working in a hectic school environment with difficult kids who have aspergers and learning disabilities+ an incompetent female boss and lots of backstabbers,...does that sound paranoid enough?lol

I am trying to stay calm and collected though...

@sbhar...what foods are you referring to in terms of fermented?

M x

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Long time no posting! Shame on me...somehow I get a bit too obsessive if I write it all down etc.

All I can say is that I am happy about my lifestyle change and I am gradually getting into the right frame of mind to make the "right" choices. I think that is what it is all about...not weight loss or looking great as a prime motivator, but simply being well and able to live a full live.

It always surprises me how hungry I get when I had something with a lot of crabs in it. Although it might be very satisfying there and then, give it a little while and I am craving more food.

Like many of us on here have said before, once you get into eating more fat and protein, cut the grains etc. you do feel so much better.

I have not been sick for quite a long time, no migraines either which is a major achievement in itself.

m x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast