Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: the perfect body page 6

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big L View Post
    I too thought the endurance runners just look...weak. Don't get me wrong: the ability to run pretty fast for a couple hours straight is impressive, and obviously requires significant mental and physical discipline. But aesthetically the LD runners just don't measure up IMO. Then again, I suppose most of them are genetically inclined to look that way.
    I thought the endurance runners looked like I could break them in half. Showing photos of those runners ought to end any debate about humans being built for chronic cardio.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ennasirk View Post
    There are two in photo #2. Or do you not consider women "real" Olympic weightlifters?
    Hahaha of course women make good weightlifters!!! TBH I must not have clicked on that picture
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Kyle C. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    True, but one's body conditioning/composition is something that is extremely hard to picture. We're basically wired to think only some people can only achieve their body's potential. The rest of us are stuck as spectators. Hard habit to break, so we still have that "I wish I could..." mentality.

I'm not sure I agree that it's largely genetics. I think you can get quite a gamut, depending on how you want to train and what you train for. For instance, I was struck this morning that I actually am starting to look like the decathlete I was saying yesterday I'd personally aspire to. I'm just a bit more lean and "gymnast"y naturally. So perhaps there's a part of us that realizes we look like or could potentially look like X when we say here and elsewhere "I like how X looks. It'd be cool to achieve that body composition!" In other words, we aspire to what we feel we're already closest to.

Dunno, though. Just speculating.
    Just wanted to say I love the "Goal" in your signature. Might steal it. Good luck man.

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    I see that all the women are built and muscled up, but they all have straight figures. Even the "rounder" ladies pictured are a straight build. I have hips (child-bearing hips they've been called; that guy didn't get any ), a nice curvy womanly figure even when in shape. I am glad to know my husband prefers a woman with shape as well as muscle (well, one day soon I will).
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

milkycereal is offline Senior Member
    I think the decathon athlete looks the best imo. The runners all look like skinny biatches...

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    Based on DNA we all have the perfect body. It isn't what you choose to look like... it is how you bring out the best in you.
    absolutely.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle C. View Post
    Just wanted to say I love the "Goal" in your signature. Might steal it. Good luck man.
    Heh Thanks, man!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle C. View Post
    LOL! That is a great one and I will also have to use it somewhere.

Edit: I am talking about the signature itself, but the goal is good too.
    Last edited by NicoleP; 03-14-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    UPDATE: We’re sad to report that the photographers involved in this project insisted in no uncertain terms that we remove this post.

Too bad... Missed it!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456