Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the perfect body page 3

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That dude, Brandon Slay, could be my body double - well, if he was like 17lbs heavier and hairy chested anyway.

I think a nice match would be me and Olga Karmansky.

Or Allane Baquerot.

Or both.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Proportionally I think I would have the chance to most look like Jennifer Parilla. I'm a bit taller but that stocky build is me. Not my ideal, but probably my ideal me.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

softthings is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Budgie smugglers.
    Speedos and Banana Hammocks | Tech & Tonic

yeah dog!

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Ummm...yeah, they probably are. That is typically the way it is done. Or in the case of an adult amputation, the height before amputation. But weight is a more current factor. Or even her weight WITH prosthetics...those things weigh a lot less than a real leg. Considering leg weight its probably the equivalent of 140ish lbs.
    interesting! Do you remember the controversy a couple years ago over athletes "racing tall"? (using prosthetics that were longer than their legs would have been, providing a mechanical advantage) There was also a sprinter who had a double amputation and was disqualified for the Olympics, then permitted to compete only to miss qualifying. He was still really, really fast. Those cheetah legs are such a superb application of technology.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I do remember the sprinter. There was a huge debate on whether or not the mechanical limb more than made up for lack of muscle. I think the overall conclusion was that it did because he was nowhere close to world class before the accident. I think it is considered a disadvantage for endurance events though because of the lowered amount of glycogen storage and virtually all have to stop to change the sock mid race. I have a friend who was on the world 24 hour race team (heh...how non primal is that....running for 24 hours straight) along with Amy Palmiero-Winters. She does trail ultras which seems extra hard with a prosthetic.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Proportionally I think I would have the chance to most look like Jennifer Parilla. I'm a bit taller but that stocky build is me. Not my ideal, but probably my ideal me.
    I wouldn't say she look's stocky at all, she has probably got one of the most feminine figures out of all of them.

Our girl Cheryl Hawarth on the other hand, big boned, solid lass that one.

Suse is online now Senior Member
    I would give my eye teeth to look like the rhythmic gmynast. That little line that runs down here abdomen... where can I get that? Oh yeah, exercise....

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    and i came in here thinking this was going to be a thread about me....
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

PrimalMouse is offline Member
    I like my body better...just saying =P
    Feral.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    The decathlon guy is pretty much what I'm aiming for eventually, body-type permitting.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast