Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: the perfect body page 2

  1. #11
    Eklecktika's Avatar
    Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clarkston, WA
    Posts
    528
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    The perfect body is the one that the cops don't see you burying.
    <grin>

  2. #12
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by softthings View Post
    mmm, banana hammocks....
    Budgie smugglers.

  3. #13
    JLB's Avatar
    JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49
    This is wonderful! I have my degree in Sociology and I am so glad you shared this!

  4. #14
    Coach Palfrey's Avatar
    Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,135
    I always find it worrying when olympic athletes are heralded as the pinnacle of physical fitness when the truth is often very different. As has already been said, olympic athletes (but for a few exceptions) generally have a very specialised fitness based around their sport. I used to know a national squad member of the UK swimming team who could not do a single push up.

  5. #15
    Lynna's Avatar
    Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newark, Delaware USA
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    I always find it worrying when olympic athletes are heralded as the pinnacle of physical fitness when the truth is often very different. As has already been said, olympic athletes (but for a few exceptions) generally have a very specialised fitness based around their sport. I used to know a national squad member of the UK swimming team who could not do a single push up.
    Speaking of swimming....they didn't include a swimmer in that group. My son was a swimmer - had big shoulders and a narrow waist and legs. Actually so were my daughters, not a avid as their brother, but they also so had well developed shoulders while they were swimming.
    Last edited by Lynna; 03-10-2011 at 11:19 AM.

  6. #16
    LJH's Avatar
    LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    The perfect body is the one that the cops don't see you burying.
    Damn you! Now get over here & clean my monitor.

  7. #17
    IcarianVX's Avatar
    IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,266
    Aimee Mullins just makes me happy

  8. #18
    Meg-a-Tron's Avatar
    Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Aimee Mullins just makes me happy
    Same, until I saw her height/weight and realized the all must be full of it. No way is she 5'8" and 105 lbs
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

    Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

  9. #19
    theholla's Avatar
    theholla is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
    Same, until I saw her height/weight and realized the all must be full of it. No way is she 5'8" and 105 lbs
    Well, they could be giving her height with the prosthetics and her weight without

    @ErinC I also love the basketball players' bodies! I'm barely 5'4" though, so...
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

    You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

  10. #20
    runnergal's Avatar
    runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    Well, they could be giving her height with the prosthetics and her weight without

    @ErinC I also love the basketball players' bodies! I'm barely 5'4" though, so...
    Ummm...yeah, they probably are. That is typically the way it is done. Or in the case of an adult amputation, the height before amputation. But weight is a more current factor. Or even her weight WITH prosthetics...those things weigh a lot less than a real leg. Considering leg weight its probably the equivalent of 140ish lbs.

    If I had to pick a body type I think hers is the best. Some of the basketball players are too much.

    I like the decathlete/heptathlete.

    I'm surprised they dont have swimmers and divers.

    And it cracks me up that Rulan is there.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

    "When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •