Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the Korgs think of us page

maba is offline Senior Member

I did a search for "Societies that eat no grains" and the first hit was this forum. It's funny. Suprisingly, Mark's definitive guide to Grains is mentioned in one of the comments.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-ar...-to-eat-grains

Acmebike is offline Member

Hoo boy, Maba, good find! I've got issues amongst my own friends and family, but I am able to eat how I wish and that certainly rules out grains! Getting this Paleo/Primal WOE rolling within my own home has been a challenge, but I am being rational. My wife is a near Weston A Price Foundation eater and that is many times far removed from the Standard American Diet!

With our first child due in mid April, I am perhaps all too laser-focused on nutrition as my wife build a little human! And I am insisting in the proper diet for both mother and child! NOT to the point of militant reactionary haranguing (Karlin, cut me some slack! Wink wink!)

I'll take it as a victory to fully adopt a WAPF based Paleo-diet in our home. But I will constantly push for no less than full Paleo as I eat.

Grains processed and consumed to WAPF level would be such a big pain in the butt, it'd be easy to just give 'em up!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

[quote]

Matthew "I'm your huckleberry" B. says:

Cavemen lived like 30 years. I'm gonna go with probably shouldn't emulate their behavior.

Angie M. says:

Agreed Matthew. I was like, "Haven't we evolved over the years?"

Carrie "Cake Ball" S. says:

Whole grains are filling and not heavily refined either. Does your coworker suggest a heavily processed, corn based diet?? I think that your coworker is ill informed.</blockquote>

I think Matthew and Angie are ill informed, and Carrie needs a lesson in logical debate. And I need a lesson in how blockquotes work.

edit: Thanks Maba!

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

maba is offline Senior Member

Acmebike, I try to be as Primal as I can but with a flexitarian husband(he used to be vegetarian until recently), some of my meals tend to be on the WAPF side. And my thinking is very much like yours. I&#39;ll consider it a success if, when we have a family, we do a WAPF-based Paleo diet. But when I&#39;m pregnant, I want to make sure I&#39;m 90% Primal/Paleo.

PC, "blockquote" to start and "/blockquote" to end ... just replace the quotes with < & >.

BigBeck89 Guest

I had to stop reading that. Just so bad.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Me too, BigBeck. Too many ignorant, undocumented statements all in one place.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

pandapuffs Guest

Typical Yelp thread, honestly. And on top of all that, some idiot got The Lion King quote ALL WRONG.
    [quote]

That&#39;s why we have cows. The cows eat the grains and we eat them. It was all explained in the Lion King.
    </blockquote>

Actually, The Lion King describes things correctly, unlike this guy. Mufasa says "the antelope eat the grass", not the grain. Mufasa knows what&#39;s up, he&#39;s the king of carnivores!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

BigBeck stole my words. A class in logical thinking could spend a week on this page, easy fodder to tear apart.

"I can&#39;t live w/o, therefore they are good....."

NOW do you understand why I&#39;m a cynic?

Griff is offline Senior Member

The comments on that page made me so annoyed that I had to actively restrain myself from walking in with a big can of logical whoop-ass. But then I realized how sad it is that so many people just swallow CW whole, without even thinking about it. *sigh*

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

That&#39;s why I tend not to talk about BP with others unless they specifically ask.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast