Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eggs - whats you favorite way to eat them page 3

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most days I go over easy with a side of spinach, feta and bacon or prosciutto. Sometimes I go scrambled with spinach mixed right in, with either feta or grated colby or cheddar. Always prepared in a bunch of organic butter, even the spinach. LOVE butter and I am so sorry I avoided it for so long. If eating for lunch or snack I like to make deviled eggs with sweet relish. I know we are supposed to avoid sugar, but since I rarely make these, I am going all the way. At least I use an organic relish.
    Last edited by Kris C; 03-10-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added something
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Get an egg cup, or a shot glass will do. I eat mine with a small spoon. Hit the small side to crack the shell then peel it with the handle part about half way down. You can either bite through the white or slice it off, then scoop the rest out and eat it with a spoon.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Fried over medium in bacon grease, on top of a sliced cooked sweet potato (roasted is ideal, but I'll do microwaved on a busy morning) with salt, pepper, and butter.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Fried, over medium, in bacon grease, with lots of black pepper.

I also love deviled eggs... just mayo, mustard, salt and pepper mixed with the yolks. Anything more is unnecessary for me. =]
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsToon View Post
    How do you eat a soft boiled egg? does it stay in the shell as you eat it?
    I use a spoon to "cut" the shell/egg in half, then scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Use the spoon to kind of chop the whites into small pieces, add butter, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to melt butter. Occupational hazard of eating them this way is that you often get tiny bits of shell mixed in. I'm sure there's a better way, but I'm lazy and this is quick and dirty.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    Sunny side up sitting a top a burger patty
    +1,000,000
    Georgette

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I'm an omelet/scrambled girl. My current favorites are steak & salsa and topped with avocado. Today I am having shrimp and fontina with dill and topped with avocado.

I love runny eggs, but that is the one thing that makes me want bread. Angry bread works ok....but its not something I can eat frequently.

I like deviled eggs and egg salad as well. And I love hardboiled egg on my BAS, I need to boil some up.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I cant' eat deviled eggs. I am anti mayo/mustard. I like them hardboiled with S&P. scrambled with lots of butter and bacon. steak & eggs, omelets. I just love eggs. But an aver easy egg with a burger is to die for.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Oh, I LOVE deviled eggs and Guac devils. I can't eat them every day, so they rank just below over easy aigs (the correct west Texas veranacular.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Over medium in a hot pan with grassfed butter: just crispy on the whites and nice and creamy for the yolks.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast