Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggs - whats you favorite way to eat them page 2

Free Range is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Poached sitting on top of a sausage patty, covered in hollandaise sauce.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    This is like asking me to pick my favorite meat! Haha. I usually go for over easy, but I also love soft-boiled, and baked. Basically any method where the yolk is still runny. Love them scrambled too, but I remember reading about the oxidized cholesterol being bad for you, so it's not my usualy method (then again, I think it was from Mercola, so it may be bunk).

I like breadsauce's serving suggestion. I like scrambled ones with salmon, dill and some type of dairy like cream cheese. Bagel and lox replacing the bagel with eggs basically, haha.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    For a daily breakfast I like them sunny side up, fried in butter, with a bit of sea salt. Broccoli to sop up the yolks (the florets are remarkably absorbent!) I love poached with hollandaise, but it's too much work for most breakfasts. I also like hard-boiled for a convenient snack, dipped in Old Bay or sea salt and fresh pepper for seasoning.

And my absolute favorite are deviled eggs, but I don't make them that often. My favorite recipe blends the yolks with creme fraiche, sri racha, dijon mustard, and chopped cilantro. Top it all with chives and paprika. Yummmmmmmm
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat scrambled eggs with ketchup every day when I was little. Then I went through a long period of being really disgusted by them. Then I got to where I could some scrambled eggs if they had LOTS of stuff mixed in, or they were added to a stir fry. NOW I can eat scrambled eggs almost plain. The secret for me is using an immersion blender to whip them into a pale froth, before sloooowly cooking in TONS of butter. This method has produced heavenly light, fluffy, golden curds of protein. My favorite way to eat them is with Chimichurri sauce (Blend cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper).

My preferred methods are fried with a crispy edge and medium runny yolk and lots of pepper; poached in chicken stock with garlic and cilantro; stir fry. Here's my method for scrambling eggs in a stir fry. Once everything else is nearly done, push everything to the side of your wok (get a carbon steel wok) and make a clear place in the bottom. Add some fat, then pour in a few whisked eggs. Cook evenly , then roughly chop and incorporate.

Instead of boiling eggs, I now steam them in a bamboo basket (using the wok again) and they come out perfectly done after about thirteen to fourteen minutes. I have found it easy to peel just about any boiled egg by using a SPOON. Slip it between the shell and the egg, and just scoop out the egg. This method works every time (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    For a daily breakfast I like them sunny side up, fried in butter, with a bit of sea salt. Broccoli to sop up the yolks (the florets are remarkably absorbent!) I love poached with hollandaise, but it's too much work for most breakfasts. I also like hard-boiled for a convenient snack, dipped in Old Bay or sea salt and fresh pepper for seasoning.

And my absolute favorite are deviled eggs, but I don't make them that often. My favorite recipe blends the yolks with creme fraiche, sri racha, dijon mustard, and chopped cilantro. Top it all with chives and paprika. Yummmmmmmm
    oh man I am doing those devilled eggs. Never had broccoli with fried eggs, that sounds delicious! How about poached egg over asparagus? Oh my.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    soft boiled (runny yolks) with butter, salt and pepper
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by bokbadok View Post
    soft boiled (runny yolks) with butter, salt and pepper
    How do you eat a soft boiled egg? does it stay in the shell as you eat it?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Over easy in bacon grease and kerrygold, topped with salsa, far and away.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member
    hard boiled, mashed up in a mug with some butter + salt & pepper

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    A frittata/scramble type thing with spinach, bacon and a light sprinkling of medium or old cheddar, cooked in butter. GOD I LOVE EGGS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast