Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: primal smoothie recipes page 2

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I usually use unsweetened almond milk as the liquid. You could alternately use carrot juice.

For fat, I add avocado (my fave!), milled flax seed, or nut butter.

I just use berries as the fruit unless it's for periworkout, in which case I add something carby like sweet potato. I also always add baby spinach.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Coconut Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erica057 View Post
    I usually use unsweetened almond milk as the liquid. You could alternately use carrot juice.

For fat, I add avocado (my fave!), milled flax seed, or nut butter.

I just use berries as the fruit unless it's for periworkout, in which case I add something carby like sweet potato. I also always add baby spinach.
    i do something similar! i've always used Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almond milk... recently threw in an avocado for fat with some frozen blueberries, bee pollen and throw some nuts in. (i always eat mine with a spoon out of an over-sized mug) sometimes i'll add some [clean] protein powder if i feel like i need some extra protein but i usually add greek yogurt too... need to start utilizing my ice tray!

stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jedikelly View Post
    Ok, I can think now (i have had coffee) --- try water, avocado, berries and protein powder - you won't be able to taste the avocado

Good to know!

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    berry mix
    Goji
    Red Beet
    Anis
    Cabbage
    Stevia
    Elderberry juice
    Celeri
    Mint
    water
    raw egg

Sometimes I add hemp protein

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    My usual smoothie is about two cups of spinach, two kale leaves, a handful of snow peas, half a large grated zucchini, a small grated carrot, a handful of frozen berries, a banana, and a cup of homemade yogurt. Occasionally I'll skip the yogurt and add a frozen mango, or something like that.

Fairychilde is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    Thanks for all the ideas! Think I'm gonna try with the avocado tomorrow. How much do you use? Think I'm gonna wait a little with the coconut milk, but will try the icecube thing, really clever. I tried to make a green smoothie the other day, but it tasted horrible. Any recipes?
    I use a 1/2 or a whole depending on what I have. Avocado really takes the place of a banana in a smoothie without adding the carbs and sugar and makes the consistency creamy and smooth

So delicious coconut milk is diluted to a good consistency and probably wont upset your tummy like coconut cream from the can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12